The Planted Tank Forum banner

Borneo Wild products - reviews?

122K views 347 replies 67 participants last post by  Razvan Virna 
#1 · (Edited)
Please post your review of any Borneo Wild product. They seem to have a ton of various things for shrimp so I would like to hear some opinions if you used anything made by them.

So far I have used:
Dance breeding liquid
Growth Food
Barley Food

I have to say that I'm really really pleased with their products. I have tried probably 10 different foods and my shrimp like the BorneoWild stuff the best.

I'm looking to get some Humic and Shield. Anybody use these two? Should I be picking up something else as well?

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185317

EDIT:
I now own all these...let me know if anybody has questions about specific ones.

Thanks.

See less See more
#287 ·
Hello everyone - I was wondering about BorneWild Dance? I am looking for which of the products will help my little shrimp friends molt and then hence better chance of berry. I bought two planted 40 gallons form a guy about 6 months ago, one with around 100 Cherries and the other with 100 Yellows. I have since added 6 CRS to the yellow tank and a better strain of reds to the cherry tank. Since I do 25-50% water changes a week, keep the water at around 70 degrees, keep TDS between 100-200, pH around 7.0, ammonia, nitrates and nitrites at 0. I cant get berried females to save my life and the population is actually dwindling. I add Vigor on water change days along with some mineral powder. I feed barley and grow on opposite days a few days apart and now I just bought Dance today and added 20-25 drops to each of the 40 gallons and they didn't dance all. I need help save me fro pulling my hair out. Anyone have any ideas that can help me. PLEASE!!!

#294 ·
I've been doing some experiments lately and I have to say that STOUT really does make a difference in color. I feed my shrimp STOUT every other day and they do get nice thick colorful shells. I did not feed it for a week and the shrimp did not look as good. You should definitely pick some up as a supplement as it really does work.

#299 ·
I love stout, I have not documented it, but I think it does work well!

As I also like there bebi, shield vigor, crimison, and mineral rock allot. There food is hit or miss for me.

But I would not say they are the best accross the board. As I am a real supporter of the Azoo Mineral Plus and Vita Plus. As I have had better berrie rate and babie survival when using this in all my tanks. As I did 3 months with and 3 months with out, dosed durring water changes. The 3 months with was outstanding for reproduction, with out it was ok. I am back on it and in about 1 month and it is back at outstanding.

#303 ·
Just a note on Astaxanthin… It is a carotenoid. It can/does alter shrimp coloration. But not super-fast. It happens much less than abruptly.

I.E., you can feed Yellow Neos a ton of Astaxanthin and they'll eventually turn green/blue green. (Happens with spirulina overfeeding, as well) Takes more than a week, though. And it takes much more time than a week for the carotenoids to dissipate than a week.

#304 ·
You should re-read my original post as well, I did not say that shrimp turn into some super color overnight. I pretty much said that shrimp look good but just "not as good" as if I were feeding them stout.

You also have a vested interest to knock down any other food out there since you sell your homemade stuff.

I'm not looking to argue here....just posting my review as the original thread was intended, hence the subject.

#305 ·
First, I could do without your personal attacks and rude assumptions.

The stuff I sell contains the same ingredients. Why would I knock it? It works. But not so abruptly.

There's not a reason for personal attacks. That's beyond silly and offensive. I expect to be treated with the same respect that I give others, particularly because there are minors on this forum who deserve to read respectful discussions. So thanks for the personal attack, there.

But back to my point - presence of a particular supplement or lack thereof isn't so abruptly going to alter appearances.

I welcome your study specifics, so please share your documentation.

#308 ·
Hey guys, I want to try out Color, but does it actually colors up the shrimp and strengthen their shells? I really want my CRS to have fuller white shells so I'm wondering if BW White or Color is more sufficient.

Is it true that BW White can strengthen shells too? As good as Stout?

I'd appreciate any reviews! :D

#309 ·
I am not a big fan of their food, except frenzy. I have them all and they really ony eat that. Their additives and poweder products I do like. Stout, Sheild, Vital, even Vigor. I like minerax for setting up tanks with Calcium Mont and Momura BT-9. I use the Crimson in my pfr tank and used the white in my SS-SSS tank. I like both of those. I used the humic with little effect.

Baby food I like EI and BW Bebi.

Other additives I like Sosie and BIO PLUS

#312 ·
"White" is not a magic solution that you drop in the tank and all of the sudden your shrimp turn snow white. If you want white shrimp then first and foremost you need good genetics. Not sure where you got your shrimp but many people sell their culls so these might never get ideally white. Getting the white to come out is a combination of genetics, temperature, water parameters, food and even light. I use the white supplement but I also have everything else in check...I'd post it here but it's Saturday night and I'm getting ready to hit up the bars. ;)

#320 ·
There are 3-6 rocks in the package (it's a total of 500 grams, and the rocks vary in size and weight). They last for several years depending on how often you clean them. Algae will slowly grow on them, and the only time they really get smaller is when you brush it off (use a toothbrush or similar). Brushing the algae off takes off the top layer of Minerock along with the algae. They are a little crumbly, so brush gently or you may break off larger pieces.

I've had half a bag's worth of them in a 20 gallon tank for about 2 years now, and they're about 1/3 the size they were when I first put them into the tank.

The TDS increase is pretty minor. As long as you don't go overboard with them, you probably won't notice an increase if you do regular water changes.

#331 ·
I used it but did not like it....it's hard to deal with powders in my opinion. I went ahead and purchased Shirakura Ca+ which is awesome. 18 drops added to a gallon of RO/DI water gave me great parameters. I am pretty sure Mordalphus still sells it on here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.