The Planted Tank Forum banner

I'm comming to visit

987 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  jahmic 
#1 ·
I am going to be in the Denver/Boulder area for a week or so and I was wondering what LFS I should check out. I was planning on visiting Aqua Imports and Exotic Aquatics, Inc. which are both in Boulder.

Please let me know what are the best stores in your opinion.

thank you

#2 ·
There is very little to see at Exotic Aquatics, but Aqua imports is a pretty nice store. Fish den might be worth it, and if you can get up to Ft. Collins and check out D&G pets, it might be worth it. Aqua imports will have their plant shipment in on friday, D&G might have a week or two before they restock. our LFS's are very spread apart from eachother. fish den might be a good one to look at too. I have not been there in a few months though

#4 ·
Fish Den is like a trip back to the 80's/early 90's. Their tanks are setup with the old style, hinged, plywood, drop down covers. They have a very good stock of replacement parts, pretty much any food, treatment or fert you can think of. Their plant stock is nothing spectacular though.

#5 ·
#7 ·
Fish Den is my lfs...definitely a trip back to the 80s, but a great place (that's 5 minutes from home for me)

On the weekends I sneak over to Neptunes in Highlands Ranch. It's a ways from Boulder, but a very nice shop for sure. Perhaps a smaller livestock selection, but I haven't seen an unhealthy fish there yet...and their selection of plants is better than any Denver area shop that I've found. Granted...I've only explored Denver / Aurora / Highlands Ranch...haven't made it up to Boulder yet.

hmmm...maybe I DO know what I'll be doing tomorrow afternoon, haha.

#9 ·
Haha. I knew I had to be missing something when the only decent places I had found so far were Fish Den and Neptunes. Boy do I have some HORROR stories about some lfs that I stopped into while trying to find those 2.

I'll have to check out D&G sometime soon...it's probably not even that much longer of a drive from me than Neptunes, considering I live in NW Denver. Thanks for the pointer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.