The Planted Tank Forum banner

Question about Red Cherry Shrimp

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  jhwku 
#1 ·
I have a small population of red cherrys that I have been trying to get to breed. 4 of my females are saddles for the last couple of weeks. I woke up this morning to one of my females looking like this. It doesnt look like shes berried, you can only see the eggs on one side and they are like bulging out of that side. Could this mean she is dropping her eggs and didnt reproduce? Some help or advice would be much appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
What of soil is that, looks like Aquasoil and Neo's don't usually do well in a low ph/gh/kh water, which Aquasoil does. What are you params.

That said, that is a weird egg position for being berried, almost looks like it's bursting out the side. :S

#3 ·
It is the fluval stratum substrate, I do not have a test kit to know but had a sample tested at my LFS and was told everything checks out and ph is 7.0. I do dose with dry ferts and have been giving extra KNO3 to help battle some algae.

She was walking weird this morning so I dont know if this is the first time shes been berried or what it was very odd compared to others I have seen.

#11 ·
I use the pps-pro guide from GLA's website. I also purchased one of their kits of dry ferts and had great growth with the EI guide but this tank is much smaller so converting to liquid made much more sense.

I had a question about the berried shrimp above. Will her spawn females be as dark as her or lighter color like regular cherrys?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.