The Planted Tank Forum banner

Help me stock my fluval flora!

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  DannyDapper 
#1 · (Edited)
My tank is just about cycled, (it's been a couple days of 0 nitrites/and a tiny bit of ammonia) should be one more week or so and it's finally time for fish! I'm not sure what to stock it with since before I mostly kept bigger tanks the smallest being a 29 gallon. What are some good options for the fluval flora? I know I want some colorful fish (not glo fish) since I mainly set up this tank for my 7 year old nephew that's obsessed with the aquarium of the pacific. Unfortunately for him salt water tanks and I don't mix so freshwater critters it is! If you can post pictures of your suggestions that would be great but not necessary. I can google them =) thank you!!

PS: this is also my very first planted tank! Still looking for some nice hardscape =)

See less See more
#8 ·
noticed your substrate. if its an active one and your pH goes below 7 and your water is concidered soft, do not get livebearers. they like alkaline and hard water. i believe that can suffer in acidic conditions compared to when they are in basic conditions.
if your tank is acidic go with a betta or acid schooling fish.

#9 ·
My PH is between 6.8 and 7.0. I finally went to the LFS, I got 3 neon tetras, 4 galaxy rasboras (they had them today!) and 4 guppies (2 males, 2 females) and I also bought some Christmas moss that apparently came with a hitchhiking crab... Idk what to do with that little guy, he's tiny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.