The Planted Tank Forum banner

Cohazards Mr. Aqua 3g

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Quentin 
#1 ·
I just finished setting up this nano today after visiting Nature Aquarium in Santa Monica for the first time.

This will be the first setup I use pressurized co2 on.

Tank is a 3g Mr.Aqua
Wavepoint 8watt LED
Mr. Aqua substrate
Black stones (forgot the fancy name)
blyxa japonica
C. Lyrata
flame moss
Micro portion of fissidens fonatus

I am thinking about attempting a nano tree with this manzanita branch

See less See more
#3 ·
Thank you! I was hoping that if i tuck the branch behind the tall stone on the left, and cover it in moss, it might fit in, but i might not use it at all if i like the way the moss grows in around the background.

I cant wait for the c.lyrata to settle in. I jate that new plant not facing up look lol

#4 ·
Nice tank! I LOVE Nature Aquarium in Santa Monica! I'm actually heading over there today after work since I work close by.

I like the idea of a moss tree (I just stuck one in my tank over the weekend) but would rather see it on the right-hand side. If that branch is too big I have two small branches like it (not sure if they would be bigger or smaller) that you are more then welcomed to have :)

#6 ·
Thanks! The tank looks a lot better now that all of the C.lyrata leaves are pointing up, I didn't realize they would correct them selves over night.

I removed the 8 HO LED fixture because I felt like it wasn't enough light for the blyxa, and added the 13w fluval CF light.

Funny thing is, now that I moved the LED fixture over to the spec, it looks a lot brighter lol

#11 ·
nice nano setup Cohazard! should like very nice once it starts filling in :proud: I agree on w/ others on the tree idea, might look out of proportion, but if it looks good to you, hey....eye of the beholder and to each his own.

what you got in mind for fauna?

didn't even know Mr Aqua. made these little bow tanks.....I've got their 13g bow, this would look slick beside it....

#13 ·
Thank you, for now im focused on getting the blyxa to survive lol

For fauna, im thinking of either one betta, or a trio of shrimp.

I really like that tank. Even though it is a rock scape, between the foreground and rock color, it doesn't feel iwagumi at all (in a good way). Has a tranquil look to it.
Thank you! At first i wanted an hc iwagumi scape because I love the look, but after seeing the flame moss used as a background in a nano at nature aquarium, i got inspired and set this up. I didnt want it to feel like i used too many species of olant so i believe the three worked out okay in keeping a peaceful not overly complicated scape i was hoing fir.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.