The Planted Tank Forum banner

Custom Hex Tank, and 90g (Pic heavy)

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Wy Renegade 
#1 · (Edited)
I forget the size of my Custom Hex Tank Setup. Its roughtly 30g or more. 12g of water in the setup. 24in + 30inch dual bulb NOT5s, 2 - 24in T8 strip lights. Home built under gravel filter runs on a maxijet303 pump running through the background to the waterfall. Handmade 3d background is GS foam.

Dario dario, micro-raspora erythromicron, Garra Flavatra, Dermogenys pussilus

Assorted Crypts, Tiger Lotus, Riccia Fluitans, chain sword, HM, wisteria, bacopa, glosso. bamboo.

90g Amazonia Paludarium. Still in the testing phase. Not a true biotope.

Discus, Angelfish, aequidens curviceps, neons, red eye tetras. corydoras julii - Click the Picture to see Video.

90g Video

See less See more
#2 ·
awesome, awesome, awesome! did you grow that riccia in it's place? or was it grown out in another tank and placed there? i've never been able to get it to grow well emersed. and just out of curiousity, is the "clamshell shape" at the bottom of the tank concealing the ugf? i only ask because it is the only thing in the tank which doesn't look natural.

#3 ·
The riccia is attached now but it was brought in healthy from a club members planted tank. I would say it took at least a month to really notice it spreading. Decent lighting is important. Using a mistking helps a lot. I run pressurized co2 on the reservoir as well just because i can.

The curve shape is plexiglass with gravel siliconed to it. it is concealing the ugf/pumpbox on the right, and the left side also contains a layer of soil below the eco complete were I have planted a group of crypt rizomes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.