The Planted Tank Forum banner

Crickets and Tumbleweeds

5K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  fishdweeb 
#1 ·
...Just like living on the prairie in the Valley.

I know there are a few of you from NoDak and I thought I'd let you know that the Tropical Fish Shop in West Fargo has always had a great selection of fish, but it seems that Jeff (one of the owners) is increasing his live plant supply. (His wife Nancy seems to run the fish end of things, but is most helpful) Last time I was in there they had about 15-20 species, most fairly common, but some interesting ones as well. He likes to talk plants if he knows you're into them. Stop by the next time your through.

#2 ·
I agree Tropical Fish Shoppe is the best place to get fish and plants in the Fargo area. Really the only place beside Petsmart/Petco. Jeff and Nancy are really nice and helpful.

Another place I have had success with plants is aquariumplants.com. They are located by Sioux Falls SD, and only are a days shipping away which is nice. You can chose ground shipping which is cheaper and it only takes a day.

#6 ·
Hahaha, I just bought the rest of their dwarf sag yesterday. Nancy "how many do you want?" Me "all of them"

I asked her yesterday if she would order some HC for me, she said she will check the availability and call me with the results. Im sure they will sell if for like $4.00. They are super cheap my dwarf sag was like 1.60 for a small bundle of 2. Ha.

#7 ·
I know Shaun from Pets-R-Inn ordered me a bunch of plants that came in SUPER healthy. He is strictly Saltwater but if you twist his arm a little he buckles. Ha! He gets them from his Betta vendor out of the cities.

One of his employees John is a buddy of mine and I bug him constantly to setup 1 section for "serious" Freshwater. Not your glowfish spongebob setups but to carry Live plants, fertilizers, hard to find fish, decorator shimp, etc.

I think he could do decently. Thoughts on this? I would love to go straight to Shaun and tell him I got at least 10 people that are pushing this.

we got reef, salt, and beginner freshwater shops around here but it would be nice to get some expert freshwater and brackish shops.

#10 ·
Want free Angels? live in GF or Fargo?..... I am back in the breeding biz. I crossed some traditional silver with a highly colorful koi angel. They just popped their dorsal fins so I don't know the coloring yet. I think I have about 300 with another smaller hatch right behind them.... Free to anyone in the area. My son attends NDSU so I get to Fargo often.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.