The Planted Tank Forum banner

Drs. Foster Smith

4K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Fujiija 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever been to the retail store in Rhinelander before? I have ordered a handful of things from their website, but would love to see their store.

#6 ·
Yeah, they have a retail store here in WI. You can't get a great idea of size from the pix from the website, but it looks pretty big. They also have a marine section they call the "Divers Den" from their sister site, liveaquaria.com
I didn't see any freshwater fish or inverts for sale on site, nor did I see anything about having any plants. I'd love to go there and check it out.

#7 ·
It's about an hour drive or more from where I live and I don't think it's really worth going consider the gas which I can order the stuff online and have it ship to me overnight for $5+.

But if you looking for fish and stuff and live nearby, should go there yourself.

#8 ·
Dfs

I live a half hour away and have been there many times and have made many purchases; both livestock and dry goods. Keep in mind you can buy anything from their catalog from the store. If they don't have the item in the store, they will get it for you from the warehouse (on Saturdays) or send you to the warehouse to pick it up (weekdays). The livestock is always in great condition and QT'd before sale. Any time I've had a loss, DFS has refunded me....even on delicate/expensive marine fish. The store is small, but worth a visit.

#11 ·
Hi
Resurrecting this thread as I'll be near Rhinelander and was thinking of stopping by the Dr. Foster & Smith outlet.

Are any of their regular stock items cheaper at the outlet store? Are there any good deals on dry goods? I am not really looking for livestock (maybe snails) but wondered if it was worth a stop since I will be about 40 min away from it anyway.

#12 ·
Just to finish the posting, I actually did go to the Drs. Foster and Smith outlet store. It reminded me to Pet Supplies Plus, except they had much fewer things. There was fish but nothing really great or unusual. It was a small wall of tanks. There was nowhere near as many items as what is in the catalog. What was there looked like the same price as the catalog. Some clearance items but not much. If I am ever in the area, I might stop in again but otherwise not worth the drive up there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.