The Planted Tank Forum banner

Petco $1 Gallon Sale

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  NanoDave 
#1 ·
Just a heads up Petco has some incredible deals floating around. $1 gallon sale, ZooMed 501 and 511 canister filters 50% off and ZooMed lights 50% off. You could get:

20L - $20
ZooMed 501 - $30
ZooMed 30" Double T5 HO - $35
Heater - $25

Could walk out of store spending $110 for a 20L planted tank set-up. Just need some substrate, plant and fish!

Happy shopping!

#3 ·
Saw them at the Seekonk and Middletown Petco today. I'm going back to the Middletown one to pick up a 501 filter and possibly more with my christmas gift card tomorrow so I'll post whats left there tomorrow prob.

#6 ·
I have the 501 on my 20L and it works great. Let me mention though as theirs only my congo puffer in there and just has a few small pieces on manzanita wood, anubias, and angustifolia. I would imagine if it was planted heavily you might start getting dead spots but for an average set-up or medium-low lying stuff I would say go for it. Have a 501 on my 12 long as well and my cardinals get tossed around a little if they're within 6-12" of it so it definitely pushes water fairly nice. Never tried the 511 but for only $10 more (with sale) It's a great deal. I would imagine that the 511 would be great for heavily planted 20L. Def would need a good swimming fish or direct most of the flow if your going to go with the 511 in a 20L though.

#7 ·
Here's a pic of the Middletown Petco when I was in today. Sorry for the incredible aweful photo's. I used my camera phone and they've been resized and edited and rotated so they've been really distorted but you get the idea. It's half off of everything you see with blue sticker FYI.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.