The Planted Tank Forum banner

Marimoball's ADA 120p

54K views 245 replies 78 participants last post by  SKYE.__.HIGH 
#1 ·
OK I have been in the hobby for twenty years. So after learning so much on forums my 120gal planted Discus was tore down.
This was my 120gal planted discus tank

Then the Tear down.

After my ADA60P I have been wishing for an ADA120P. So I finally managed to purchase one.
Here is the list of equipment so far
ADA120P
Garden Mat
ADA Lily Pipes inflo and out
6x9L bags of aquasoil
6L bag of powersand
Bactor
step 1 step2 brighty K Brighty special lights Brighty special shade
tourmaline BC
green gain
Hardscape is 100lbs of Seiryu stone and 100lbs of Chinese zebra rock
3x8000K MH bulbs
The stand will be an ADA replica and will be ready for painting tomorrow
I can't decide on lighting but I narrowed it down to two. The 6 bulb T5 HO
http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewI...y~FILTFIT58U~category~48in_Units~vendor~.html
TEK light or 2x150w Aquamedic pendants
http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_Aquar...ing_metal_halide_aqua_medic_ocean_lights.html

Here's the stuff I have so far

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow, very nice equipment! Must have cost you a fortune for the rocks alone! I'm very jealous. I'll be watching this, 100% subscribed. I'm expecting big things from this setup! Have fun with it!

#4 ·
why would you be jealous? You have a great deal of stuff too. I have had about 150 dollars spent so far on my 20 long, and I dont have all the plants or fish yet. :eek5: its a lot of money to me.

anyway, MARIMOBALL, I can tell, I can tell from the start, that this is going to be a marvel of a tank.

peace dude,

Nick

#5 ·
In an alternate universe maybe I could get something like this. This kids is why you don't do crack and you do well in school...so you can be rich like this man!

Seriously...how much was the mortgage on that thing?!!!

I expect great things from this...and If it looks good, I will take credit for it...that's just how I roll...

#7 ·
roundtrees Im not rich. But I work 7 days a week and I work in the medical field so that helps but I payed cash CUZ I don't want any credit debt. This is my final large tank and I expect this to last a long time. I really want the pendants I even have the bulbs ready to go but someone offered me an awsome deal on TEK lights. I was even thinking of getting the TEK and a K2 viper MH and dismantelling it and hang it behind the TEK just for the shimmer of the MH

#19 ·
Whew! the stand is finished. Three coats of primer 3 coats of paint and three coats of satin clear coat. I placed the stand where I wanted it to go. It seems to be perfectly level with no shims underneath. Unfortunately I haven't placed the tank on the stand because it is a two man job and i haven't had a chance to call a friend to come and help. But do not despair i have a new pic :icon_bigg . the stones you are about to see were purchased about two years ago when things were more affordable. Thats how long I have been planning saving and collecting for this project. The pic shows three Seiryu stone and one chinese zebra rock in the far left corner. The best, largest stone is the whole inspiration for this tank. Yes :eek: its one piece it looks like a mountain and it weighs over 65lbs and over two feet. So this is the basic scape. i will add more rock and tweak the scape but it won't change much. The rocks are somewhat dirty from being in my back yard next to my koi pond for the last two years. So tell me what you think.

All these stones easily weigh over 100lbs and I still have another 80lbs.

#21 ·
Yes they are large. With 3" of substrate in the front and 8" in the back they will look smaller but I want the rock to be tall. Most people make the mistake of adding short rocks, which makes the scape disproportioned. I have done it my self in the past. The rock ends up hidden by the foreground and doesn't even reach half of the height of the tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.