The Planted Tank Forum banner

Colorado Local Fish Stores

42K views 421 replies 58 participants last post by  Kilojoules 
#1 · (Edited)
All cities and stores are organized by alphabetical order. Stock/items are not in ABC order, and only to give you an idea of what kind of stock they may or may not have currently. Please call them before your trip to verify.
==================================================
AURORA
  • Denver Tropical Fish Warehouse
    3401 S Chambers Rd
    Aurora, Colorado 80014
    303-766-9220
    • Celestial Pearl Danios
    • Dwarf Puffers
    • Discus
    • Various ram species
    • Dwarf Neon Rainbow
    • Congo Tetras
    • Dwarf hair Grass
    • Dwarf Baby's Tears
    • Glosso
    • Dwarf Sag.
    • Red Tiger Lotus bulbs
    • Horned Nerite Snails
    • Zebra Nerite Snails
    • Tracked Nerite Snails
    • Olive nerite Snails
    • Assasin snails
    • Paradise fish
    • Gold Ram
    • Celebes Rainbow
    • Badis Badis
    • Dwarf Puffers

BOULDER

• Aqua Imports
    2690 28th Street
    Boulder, 80301
    303-444-6971
    • Crystal Red/Black Shrimp
    • Zebra Shrimp
    • Celestial Pearl Danios
    • Chili Rasboras
    • German Blue Rams
    • Emerald Rasboras
    • Axelrodi
    • Dwarf Neon Rainbowfish
    • Badis Badis
    • Paradox Stickleback
    • Discus
    • Threadfin Rainbows
    • They have several brackish tanks as well.
    • Special note: They can get just about anything you are looking for. Just ask if you do not see it in a tank.

• Exotic Aquatics, Inc.
    3216 Arapahoe Ave.
    Boulder, CO 80303
    (303) 442-5363
    • Hillstream Loach (spotted)
    • Several types of puffers

DENVER

• Aquatic Dog
    7429 E. Iliff Avenue
    Denver, CO 80231
    303-369-8812
    • Blue Dot Mantano (Cardinal) Shrimp
    • Bumble Bee Nerite Snails
    • Assassin Snails

FORT COLLINS

• D&G Pets
    925 E. Harmony Road
    Fort Collins, CO 80525
    (970) 225-0767
    • Black Fighter Betta $21.49
    • White Pearl Fighter Betta $27.99
    • Yamamoto Shrimp (Amano) $5.25
    • Assassin Snails $6.19
    • Flounder $4.39
    • Millennium Rainbow $34.09
    • Dwarf Neon Rainbow $6.29
    • Threadfin Rainbow $4.59
    • Blue Rainbow $25.29
    • Red Iranian Rainbow $21.59

• Great White Aquatics
    4112 S College Avenue
    Fort Collins, CO 80525
    (970) 217-8011
    • Galaxy Rasboras (Celestial Pearl Danios) $7.50

==================================================
Submit a local fish store----

Name:
Street Address:
City, State, Zip:
Telephone:

Any livestock/items that caught your eyes or is not typically found in a Petsmart/Petco/Walmart (include non-sale prices optional):

See less See more
#228 ·
Déjà vu

Name: Catfish Charlie's
Street Address: 1312 Centar Village Drive
City, State, Zip: Lafayette, CO, 80026
Telephone: 303-665-3322

The owner is still getting stock shippments set up, but does have some nice assortment of the routine fish like Neon Tetra's, Zebra Danios and even carries the GMO versions of the Zebras.

If you were in the hobby back in the 1980s and early 90s and remember how to get to the shop, that will get you there again since he's only a few doors away from the origional location.

#243 ·
Well D&G up in ft.collins is pretty good. They usually have the normal fish fare in the store, but the plants make up for it, they have a pretty big selection. For unique fish try Aqua imports in Boulder (45 min. south of you) they can order just about strange thing for you.

#244 ·
Thanks Nahoma. I may have to take a trip down to Aqua Imports. Although I hate going to Boulder.

I have purchased all of my fish at D and G. I never had a problem. No illnesses or diseases. They know what they're talking about except for a newer guy therewhose name I don't know.

Their pricing on equipment is outrageous though. For example a Hydor Theo 50w heater can be had for 17-ish dollars on the internet. They want 36 bucks.
Their lighting is sky high over priced.

I understand them not having the buy power of a Dr Foster and Smith, but $80+ more for a light fixture almost anywhere else on the internet? Sorry I don't have a money tree in my back yard, is my philosophy.

#245 ·
Most LFS's are going to have a higher price to them. While your down in the denver area, you might want to go over to Fish Den as well, its a bit away, but whats another 20 min. They have a ton of fish, and a ton of tanks. They have a very lite plant selection, but there is always something there to find.

Supposedly another fish store is opening in Lousiville, I have not been there yet, and not sure what they have at the moment. I plan to go visit there sometime next month though.

#246 ·
Anyone know of any local stores that carry any of the ADA, Do!Aqua or Mr. Aqua lines? Supposedly a pet store in Evergreen carries Mr. Aqua, but I couldn't find the store when I went up there a couple weekends ago. Would like to see some of the rimless tanks in person to get an idea of what they look like.

#248 ·
I stopped by the Fish Palace at 2712 S. Havana St, Aurora. He has expanded his salt water and coral frags, lots of new and neat stuff. He also has expanded his plant selection, lots of stuff you won't find anywhere else. He even had a Spixi snail in stock. I like his selection and I like it that he is always cleaning and working on the tanks. No, I am not related, I just like healthy fish.

#250 ·
I haven't been in to Fish Palace in the last month but the plant selection is pretty secondary. I wouldn't say that it is worth a drive for you Noahma. Inferior plant selection to Fish Den and Aqua Imports.

I have been meaning to get in there and check out all of those frag tanks that he has been setting up though.

#251 ·
I tried to stop in at the Fish Den on my out of town on Sunday but they were not open. I called before hand to see if the message said they were closed and they still have their summer hours message playing. I will have to stop in next time I am in town.

#253 ·
Fish Den had some nice looking Anubias Coffeefolia, Bateri, and Nana. Rest of the plants looked in decent shape and the stock was pretty full.

All About Fish had a bunch of nice looking Roseline Sharks at $12.99 ea, and I counted atleast 12 different plecos. The red rhino pleco really caught my eye, hadn't seen one before.

#254 ·
Has anybody seen Amanos for sale anywhere in the Denver area? I got my first 2 batches from Fish Den last year, but they haven't had any in months...that or I've just been seriously unlucky. I've been to Neptunes and About Fish within the past 3 weeks...I know they don't carry them.

The guys at Fish Den are awesome when they have what I want...but look at me funny when I ask if they could order stuff in, so I don't bother anymore. I guess being a demanding customer only flies in Boulder. :b

BTW, for those that love tiny fish but have bad eyes and can never find them at the lfs (me)...Fish Den has a great stock of Nannostomus beckfordi. They seem boring in the lfs tanks...but their schooling and "grazing" behavior in a planted tank is awesome, especially given their small bioload.

Just don't buy any til after Sunday...because I plan on going back and getting a few more :b

#257 ·
Aqua imports always has some, I think I saw some at Exotic Aquatics the other day too.

I dont bother asking if fish den would order anything for me lol, but Aqua imports has the wish list they keep, I just got a call about a plant that they are getting the shipment in of this friday lol, They know me by name there now, I think I spend more time in there than any other store

#263 ·
Compared to someone from most parts of the metro area driving to either one of those towns though the distance between them becomes pretty minor.

Not only that but even before they both exploded in population over the last 20 years the borders were....odd.

Catfish Charlies was supposed to be awesome 'back in the day' though I never had a chance to visit it during its original incarnation I heard a lot of good things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.