The Planted Tank Forum banner

Shrimp Breeders

Tags
kent
13K views 76 replies 18 participants last post by  starfire12 
#1 ·
I'm a new shrimp keeper in the Kent Area. I'm hoping to find a few like minded individuals who may be interested in trading or selling or buying from each.

I currently keep:

Golden Bees
Blue Pearl
Fire Reds
Crystal Red and Blacks
Sunkist Shrimps

#32 ·
Koro-chan,

I never cull unless it's by accident when I thin the plants.

Welcome!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

#33 ·
Hi all! I'm located in Issaquah. Currently I have a 7g nano with four Amano shrimp and two bee shrimp. I'd like to get more bees for this tank.

Also, I have a vase with emersed plantings that I'd like to add a couple of cherry or blue neos to in a month or so.

And, when I can convince my husband, I'd like to add a 45P tank and switch my existing 7g to a shrimp moss tank. ;)

#38 · (Edited)
Currently I only have my CRS for sale. I need to build up more OEBT stock.

However, I added a culls option for my CRS.

Culls (Slightly Transparent coloring, Pattern 1)
$25/10 Shrimp @$2.50/each
$55/25 Shrimp @ $2.20/each
$105/50 Shrimp @ $2.10/each
$200/100 Shrimp @ $2/each

S+ (Good coloring, Pattern 2)
$40/10 Shrimp @ $4/each
$90/25 Shrimp @ $3.60/each
$165/50 Shrimp @ $3.30/each

SS (Solid coloring, Pattern 3)
$30/5 Shrimp @ $7/each
$65/10 Shrimp @ $6.50/each
$160/25 Shrimp @ $6.40/each
$310/50 Shrimp @ $6.20/each

Find my ad by searching for "shrimp" on the PDX craigslist.

This post has been deleted
#50 ·
i hope i dont confuse you or give you any false info, but as far as i know... yes, goldens/snow whites are used to get higher grade crs/cbs, but in return you are mixing genes so you'll get more golden offspring out of a clutch. basically your crs/cbs will should get a more solid "white", but every time you interbreed a crs with a golden/cbs you are getting father and farther away from a "pure line"

i let my crs/cbs/goldens/tb all interbreed, just like many others on this forum.

#59 · (Edited)
I'll trade some Oebts for some crystal blacks if you keep them separate from your reds. I prefer to have them separate so they don't have hybrid children that produce black or reds.

BTW, binbin, it looks like a few of your pandas are coming down with some balloon head defects. It's usually best to cull those out. Might just be the pictures through the glass, but otherwise most of them look awesome!

#60 · (Edited)
Also, if anyone wants Oebts or crs, I have been shipping lately. Sent a few orders to New Jersey and New York, so I know the method I use works...

Will also have Golden's, blue pearls, and carbon rilis available in the near future... BTW, I keep all my shrimp in different tanks so there is no mixes.

4 top tanks are empty waiting for some new species.

Right tank is goldens and blue pearls. Left is high grade CRS.

OEBT tank

Berried Blue Pearl

Golden/Snow White

Golden/Snow White... More solid white than the average Golden/SW you'll see for sale...

S, S+ CRS

Higher grade CRS

Berried Blonde OEBT... I keep these separate from my blue ones...

Another High grade CRS

OEBT

Carbon Rili, Hard to get good pictures cause they are always moving...

#68 ·
Ahh thanks mjbn. I still haven't learned the whole genus species interbreeding yet.

Question. I really enjoy the crystal reds I have and would like to start getting into higher quality lines. Should I mix into colony I already have or should I start from scratch? Also I noticed some of my adults that have lost a significant amount of color; shell becomes less opaque and look generally pretty crappy. This happened after I moved tanks to my new house. Should I cull these adults or leave them alone? thank you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.