The Planted Tank Forum banner

med light carpeting plant?

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  OVT 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a carpeting plant for my new tank. For starters I'm going to try out 2 t5no lights on my 75 gal. I'm going to be using 2 2L diy co2 with ceramic diffusor. I'm pretty sure high light plants like HC wont work here, which is what I would really like the look of, but what do you think of staurogyne repens? I'm don't want anything that gets taller then lets say 3" or so. What other choices are out there for carpeting plants? About 1/3 of my tank will be just this one plant carpet.

If need be I'll get a different light. Like if I need to go to the duel t5ho, but I don't want to get to high light as I don't ever plan or want to get pressurized co2.

#3 ·
I just looked up marsilea. That looks pretty cool. And being that they would grow slow would be a good thing, well after it fills itself in for a nice thick carpet. I'll have to look more into those. Thanks for the idea.

#6 ·
The 2" would be great, but I don't know about taking over my entire tank part. I was planning on using a substrate divider, but the only ones I could find on a quick google search were over in the UK through the green machine online. I'm still leaning towards the marsilea. So far it has everything I'm looking for besides the months it will take to fill in. But waiting for that isn't that bad, I've been waiting for the tank I just got for about a year now. Thanks for all your help so far somewhat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.