Benji's ADA 60-P V1 - Taken Down

39K views 281 replies 40 participants last post by  Bserve 
#1 · (Edited)
Taken down 3/8/14

Specs:

Tank: ADA 60-P

Filter: 2x Fluval Aquaclear 50

Light: 24"-36" Marineland Reef Capable LED

Substrate: ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia Normal, ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia Powder, Petco sand

Plants: Anubias Nana, Bolbitis, Narrow Leaf Java Fern, Hygrophila Pinnatifida, Xmas moss, Flame moss, Subwassertang, Hydrocotyle sp. Japan, Micranthum Umbrosium "Monte Carlo", hemianthus callitrichoides, Dwarf Hairgrass, Blyxa Japonica, Downoi

Hardscape: Seiryu Stones, ADA Branch Wood

CO2: Pressurized Paintball CO2

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last FTS:

The FTS of where all the feedback from others starts:

See less See more
#47 ·
Remember that ADA products are made to be earthquake-safe. Remember, they're from Japan. That's why you void your warranty by putting it on a non-ADA stand. Splashing water could be a problem, but it's not that much of a problem.

#58 ·
Hey, I'm getting much more attention on the forum and I think that if you guys would hop on over to my youtube it would really help. You see, people at school are always bullying me because I am into planted tanks, and I think that maybe if they would see that people actually care about what I do, then they'd stop harassing me :S

#59 ·
People are bullying you because you like planted tanks? That's so incredibly pathetic. I hope you don't let it get to you that much.
My friends have always thought my obsession with aquariums (especially plants) was a little strange, but i always take it with a grain of salt. Be humorous about it-- if they don't see you reacting negatively to their comments, the satisfaction they receive from bugging you will quickly dwindle.

Nice tank, i like the new scape. Cleaning up the aquasoil on top of the sand would give the front a much cleaner look though. I think once the H. pinnatifida grows out, it'll really look spectacular! Nice video too-- i like your enthusiasm. :thumbsup:

#70 ·
It came down as it ruined the floor under it; the scape got destroyed in the process. I am under too much stress from school and such to put it back up, so I am selling the tank, the 2 filters, and the heater for $100. Please PM me so I can get started faster on a newer smaller version. Have a better night than me :)

#72 ·
I put a towel over the top to keep it dark for the fish cuz they were spooked from the move back; the towel fell in and siphoned out 10 gallons, having the filters waterfall, destroying the scape and flooding my room. Thankfully everything was saved except a power strip(good thing it was short-circuit resistant, otherwise it would burn down the house), my substrate, 1 fish, and a bunch of plants. Oh, and Of Course my beautiful aquascape. I've decided because my house is very old and in an earthquake zone, I'm setting up a smaller tank in a safer spot. I'll find a way to redo the scape somehow. I'll probably do a 45 cm shallow cube and sell my tank, heater, and filters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.