Benji's ADA 60-P V1 - Taken Down

39K views 281 replies 40 participants last post by  Bserve 
#1 · (Edited)
Taken down 3/8/14

Specs:

Tank: ADA 60-P

Filter: 2x Fluval Aquaclear 50

Light: 24"-36" Marineland Reef Capable LED

Substrate: ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia Normal, ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia Powder, Petco sand

Plants: Anubias Nana, Bolbitis, Narrow Leaf Java Fern, Hygrophila Pinnatifida, Xmas moss, Flame moss, Subwassertang, Hydrocotyle sp. Japan, Micranthum Umbrosium "Monte Carlo", hemianthus callitrichoides, Dwarf Hairgrass, Blyxa Japonica, Downoi

Hardscape: Seiryu Stones, ADA Branch Wood

CO2: Pressurized Paintball CO2

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last FTS:

The FTS of where all the feedback from others starts:

See less See more
#47 ·
Remember that ADA products are made to be earthquake-safe. Remember, they're from Japan. That's why you void your warranty by putting it on a non-ADA stand. Splashing water could be a problem, but it's not that much of a problem.

#58 ·
Hey, I'm getting much more attention on the forum and I think that if you guys would hop on over to my youtube it would really help. You see, people at school are always bullying me because I am into planted tanks, and I think that maybe if they would see that people actually care about what I do, then they'd stop harassing me :S

#59 ·
People are bullying you because you like planted tanks? That's so incredibly pathetic. I hope you don't let it get to you that much.
My friends have always thought my obsession with aquariums (especially plants) was a little strange, but i always take it with a grain of salt. Be humorous about it-- if they don't see you reacting negatively to their comments, the satisfaction they receive from bugging you will quickly dwindle.

Nice tank, i like the new scape. Cleaning up the aquasoil on top of the sand would give the front a much cleaner look though. I think once the H. pinnatifida grows out, it'll really look spectacular! Nice video too-- i like your enthusiasm. :thumbsup:

#63 ·
Thanks for the encouragement :)
Should I clean the edges with like a paintbrush or something? It seems the ADA rakes are a bit pricey.
Siphoning it out would probably be easiest, but that would mean that you'd have to put more sand in the tank because you'd suck up a bit of it as well. But if it doesn't bother you, then no need to siphon it out!

Keeping aquasoil and sand apart from each other is really hard to do when you don't have a strong barrier (usually rocks) between them.

#70 ·
It came down as it ruined the floor under it; the scape got destroyed in the process. I am under too much stress from school and such to put it back up, so I am selling the tank, the 2 filters, and the heater for $100. Please PM me so I can get started faster on a newer smaller version. Have a better night than me :)

#72 ·
I put a towel over the top to keep it dark for the fish cuz they were spooked from the move back; the towel fell in and siphoned out 10 gallons, having the filters waterfall, destroying the scape and flooding my room. Thankfully everything was saved except a power strip(good thing it was short-circuit resistant, otherwise it would burn down the house), my substrate, 1 fish, and a bunch of plants. Oh, and Of Course my beautiful aquascape. I've decided because my house is very old and in an earthquake zone, I'm setting up a smaller tank in a safer spot. I'll find a way to redo the scape somehow. I'll probably do a 45 cm shallow cube and sell my tank, heater, and filters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.