The Planted Tank Forum banner

killa finns 34g cube

4K views 31 replies 6 participants last post by  killa finn 
#1 ·
This will be my first planted tank,so far I have a current usa 34g cube. I have just finished building my stand. Its 3/4 oak plywood doubled up so all 3 sides are 1.5 in.

See less See more
#2 ·
I also have some drift wood that i am waiting for it t sink. Water is mostly clear now, but I have to still hold the wood down with a rock. I have it in t tote, here are some pic of the aquascape from all 4 angles. I used black vinal for the back.

left

right

front

#5 ·
Great stand build! Are the top and bottom pieces solid oak or ply with veneered edging?
The use of space in the stand is great too! Drawers are awesome, and the towel bar is a must!

Subscribed!
Drew

#10 ·
Ok now I have water and some life in my tank. I got the Finnex 810 heater controller that livingword26 suggested to me. I ordered from kensfish and actually got the 810m, not going to complain about that. I have a small amazon sword, jungle val, hornword, and another plant that i dont know the name of (came on a piece of driftwood from petco. 6 neon tetras, 3 albino cory cats, 1 guppy and a dwarf fire gourami. My Ammonia and Nitrites are at 0ppm, Nitrates is 5ppm, PH is 7.6,GH 7, KH 4, and EC us/cm is 392. I have been doing 5g water changes with RODI water to try to bring down the EC, and GH, and hopeing the PH will follow. I would like to put angles in here so a lower PH would be better, any suggestions or opinions are welcome.

#25 ·
09/2013, upgraded from timers to reef keeper. SL1 and a dimmable meenwell driver and lunar lughts. My finnex temp controller died, so the reef keeper is controlling temperature, light cycle (starts fade in at 11am full light at 12 noon, dimming starts at 7 pm to 8pm lights out. Lunar 7 pm to 12 noon. Lunar lights follow the moons intensity where I live) and it runs an air pump when lights are out. This is the only way found to keep the oil slick off the surface, this is an open top tank and I don't like to see it!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.