The Planted Tank Forum banner

Swap Meet on Sunday 11/11/12

23K views 444 replies 32 participants last post by  acitydweller 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Theme for this meet: Ferts!

Met at LES and walking to the 5 LFS in the area.

More photos here http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.125229287631979&type=1

Start point at Pacific Aquarium on Delancy @ 2:30pm

Pacific aquarium, 123 aquarium, 38 aquarium, Win tropical and Aquastar on the tour route. We are still looking for indoor options on where to swap.

At this meet, the theme will be dosing. Anyone who's able to help put together sample packets to share great. Due to the short time and the other tours of late, i'm not sure if i can order and pack all this stuff to distribute as i had in the past for the clay and floaters so i'd ask if some of the other forum members can help out here or step up to help.

Been thinking of holding a raffle for a prize. Maybe we can sell tickets for $.25 - $3 depending on the value of the prize and number of people attending. drawing to be conducted by a random stranger passer by out of a hat or bag. Any interest, please speak up. could be anything like a bottle of prime, ferts, or anything people may want to contribute.

As always, the invitation is extended to everyone who has expertise or interest in the hobby or just like pretty fishes and shrimp. Murderers and hooligans need not apply.

See less See more
#398 · (Edited)
sounds like how patrice's floaters kept jumping back into mine. ;)

good to see you today buddy. Hope you had fun.

actually, eugene (xev11)'s stuff which i saved are still in my bag. will have to meet up real soon.

ecotanker/aokashi/vivadawolf/sunyang/azn. 100% survival rate and are all acclimating. thanks so much!
Azn actually carried a CO2 tank from NJ by bus and train to the meet!

Monsterfish/sonicpath/viva/chibikaie/kubalik thanks the all these beautiful plants
Patrice/eeng168/xev11 thanks for the foods
Meowkitty/fuze, thanks for the co2 chk valve thingy, ferts, mosses
cprash for the shrimpy food!

Special appreciation to Chibikaie for managing the fund raising and donation collection. also RYU1 for contributing his plants for auction. aokashi for the name tags!
I'll be leaving itrader feedback for everyone and encourage everyone to take the time to do it for those who you've swaped with as well.

It was great to see several new faces today. Welcome!
Should we plan for a non-swap meetup in Dec? Several people expressed interest in Queens.

#399 ·
So much thanks for the trades, the sales, and free stuff. Theres so much stuff!

I'm excited about this microworm culture but I realized I am completely grossed out by them. Like. .....the idea of teeny tiny writhing worms on your hands? Augh. Going to go start up my cultures now but all I can think of is worms..everywhere....... large bugs? roaches? regular worms? I'm fine with. Oh well.

And that Hikari cichlid food...LOL.................. none of my fish like it. Yet. Maybe the crayfish will like it.

So that random guy at the auction too...

#409 ·
Hah, I knew I forgot something - the green water! Oh well.

Bleached all the plants in one bucket. Note to self: do it in batches, the floaters got hopelessly mixed up with squashed bits of plants.

Grand donation total for the New York Aquarium: $189! Seriously! This rocked. Thanks everyone for donating stuff, bidding, and Albert for doing the talking, which I fail at. I will send it along shortly.

This post has been deleted
#417 ·
hello hello, it was nice meeting everyone today

I have way too many plants now, I cannot thank you guys enough. I'm gonna use my .5 gals to keep them alive since I have enough stems and floaters to decorate my tank thrice. My betta (Wisp) is in love with the moss. He's using the java as a hammock. The MTS have already buried themselves and will probably be lost in there forever. My turtle loved the brine shrimp. She was VERY content afterwards.

#419 ·
It was nice seeing you all again. I had fun at the auction and got some great deals on some IAL and a sponge filter. For those of you who are interested, I should have emersed grown HC, Hydrocotyle sp Japan, and more DHG belem available at the next meet with some other plants.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.