The Planted Tank Forum banner

photo posting help! PICTURE TUTORIAL by sn8k

14K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Teddy372 
#1 ·
Hi,
I just became a full member and I still can't figure out how to insert photos by having them hosting on this site. Can someone tell me how? Thanks for help!
-Ray

#2 ·
Here's how you do it Ray.....

Look below where you nomally type in a respose to a thread - and look for this (red arrow
points to the "manage attachments" bar). Click it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new window will appear - this is the "manage attachment" window. Click on the "browse"
button.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now search through your computer and click on the file you want to add - it will
automatically be inserted into the text box area.

Now click the "upload" button ONCE - and the file will now be uploaded to the
plantedtank.net's server.

After the image is uploaded - you will see it added to the "current attachments" list.

When you close this window - it will show the attachment on the posting page.

Thats about it - now all you have to do is "submit reply" and you picture will be included in the post
(although it will not showup when you "preview" the post).

HTH

#6 ·
RE: ...this kind, selfless act could lead to employment

Buck said:
Thats a great tutorial Mark , we should definately give that its very own thread and a sticky... thanks for the help ! :proud:
Thanks Buck - I try to help out when & where I can. That particular request was right up my alley :wink: .

#8 ·
attaching photos is a perk of membership in the planted tank. cost is $10 annually and you get a pm mailbox of 250 messages instead of... what is it, 25? and the ability to post images directly on to the planted tank server. otherwise, you'll need an image host (your own site, or a site specialized in photo hosting) i recommend www.imageshack.com, but there are a few others. Since joining the planted tank I think I use the attach photo feature about 50% of the time, and the rest of the time I still use imageshack because it allows a thumbnail preview or directly inserting the image into the body of the message (plantedtank.net puts a link to the image in the body of the post). Both are acceptable means of sharing your photos with others, but sometimes the preview or entire image in the message is nice.

Oqsy

#9 ·
i've got a slightly different question about uploading pictures.

i can make pictures apear in my topic (using the method sn8k described)

But lets say i want some text in between 2 pictures, how do i do that?

I can only see the actual pictures if i click on the "preview post" button.

#11 ·
Hey, because the thread is 8 years old perhaps?

Jonas - if you use the "attachments" method, you can not add text between your images, since they are attached separately at the bottom of your post.

If you want to alternate images and text, you will need to host your images somewhere, and then link to them using image tags (click "insert image" icon when you type your post).

#12 ·
Hi, new member here...I use an iPad. How do I go about posting images from it?

#13 ·
also new member reading on picture posting

So I understand how to use sites for image hosting, Do I still need to edit photos to 75k max if i'm pasting in the url? not sure I understood the sticky on photo rules 100% like I just uploaded 5 pictures to photobucket. un edited by size. now if i image link them to some posts, I don't want to cause trouble if I'm doing it wrong. I liked that the album upload pic resized them for me :red_mouth

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.