The Planted Tank Forum banner

CO2 and Powerheads

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  ridns 
#1 ·
What is the best size Powerhead to be used with a CO2 reactor? Which one gives the best mix? Can it be TO powerful?
I'm thinking of buying one and don't want to get the wrong one. :bounce: :angel: :hehe:

#4 ·
And I was worried about having to big of a powerhead! I don't remember ever seeing one that pumps that volume! I'll have to renew the search. :bounce: :angel: :hehe:

#7 ·
Ok, thanks guys... That link you gave me helped, Fender. I'm using a small pond pump on the difusser in my 55gal tank. Thats delivering 300gal/hr and this (along with my Filstar XP3 seems to be working well) but I chose it because it was there. I didn't know if I was doing well here or not. My hex has an AquaClear filter hanging on it now along with my Fluval 404 on which I changed the discharge nozzle to cut down the turbulance. I plan to leave the Fluval 404 but remove the AquaClear and run a powerhead to power the difusser. Here again I want to minimize the turbulance but be sure to have enough to thoroughly mix the CO2 and water. I guess I should have explained better to begin with. :bounce: :angel: :hehe:

#8 ·
Ii've decided to go with a Pengwin 1140, 300gal/hr, mainly because the intake looks much safer for my fish. Secondly, the 300gal/hr seems to work well in my 55gal tank. Thanks again for the help guys. :bounce: :angel: :hehe:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.