The Planted Tank Forum banner

Free bristlenose to good home

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TravisWilliam 
#1 · (Edited)
GONE

I have a calico colored bristlenose pleco that I am looking to re-home. He is roughly 3 inches long.

Requirements: At least a 29 gallon tank, preferably something with a bigger footprint. Tank must have a good amount of wood in it, he spends about 80% of the time glued to the wood in my tank. Make sure you have plenty of hiding spots, he likes to get in hard to see areas to hide from the light sometimes. Also, be prepared to substitute vegetables in his diet. I haven't seen him touch any veggie wafers or pelleted foods. I have seen him eat cucumber, zucchini, and lettuce.

He is a cool looking fish, and I can add a picture if anyone wants to see him. He does create a good amount of waste, so be aware of that.

Pick up in Valparaiso

#2 ·
Why u rehoming him/her? Was out your way today at the coral reef. Not impressed with the conditions of there plants at all. The do have an awesome spotted mustard Pleco for a good price that I'm currently debating on whether to get it or not. They also have a gold nugget that they won't sell. And a angelicus Pleco. Thought the price was kinda high but that's the first I've seen one.

#3 ·
Ya, I dont think any of the LFS here in Valpo have good fish or plant stock. I plan on ordering online for future fish purchases, lets see how that goes :icon_eek:
I got the bristlenose from the Ark in merrillville, and I am rehoming him because I want smaller fish in my tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.