The Planted Tank Forum banner

Moss ID?

1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Lnb 
#1 · (Edited)
It was sold to me as Christmas moss. Unfortunately, it looks like something different. It's under high light, DIY Co2 and Flourish fert.

If I trim it would it grow in denser?

See less See more
#3 ·
I used this for a moss wall. I was wondering why the new growth was coming in is stringy!

Damn, I have to take the wall apart.

Hmmmm ............. and I paid for X-mas moss!!

#8 ·
I had christmas moss sold to me as Java moss before.

To be honest, I don't understand how these two mosses can be mistaken. They look very different... one is stringy, the other has "branches." I mean, come on! Stores need to look at the stuff they sell before customers get them >:eek:

I'm sorry to hear about that mishap though. Hopefully, someone can hook you up with xmas moss in these forums. REAL xmas moss this time.

#10 ·
I had christmas moss sold to me as Java moss before.
Huh, did you mean the opposite?

To be honest, I don't understand how these two mosses can be mistaken. They look very different... one is stringy, the other has "branches." I mean, come on! Stores need to look at the stuff they sell before customers get them >:eek:

I'm sorry to hear about that mishap though. Hopefully, someone can hook you up with xmas moss in these forums. REAL xmas moss this time.
Yep, I agree. I think skoorbza and I were both ripped off. Well, I totally believe in "what comes goes around comes around"!! So my message to those sellers would be "WATCH OUT, YOU'LL NEVER KNOW WHEN IT'S GOING TO BITE YOU IN THE A**".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.