The Planted Tank Forum banner

Evo's Ebi's-PRL

2K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  ch3fb0yrdee 
#1 ·
First off a great thanks to those who have helped me with my first actual attempt at using Aquasoil Amazonia Ch3fb0yrdee, speedie408, h4n, randyl, bostoneric, and others who I've asked questions to numerous times concerning this tank! I had a bad experience with the actual first time using it since some shrimp I picked up had bacterial infections that wiped everyone out and I stopped using the soil and tossed it, cleaned out the tank and the filter I was using and decided to re-set it using the knowledge I gained through the advice given to me! So here are some pictures showing the progress from the beginning to what it now looks like:

I prefer the simplistic look to the tank and won't be adding any other plants to it as the shrimp keep plucking off the mini fissidens off the driftwood which has now made a clump on the pre-filter guard -_-

See less See more
#6 ·
I just recently put them in there as I was waiting for the mini fissidens to attach to the driftwood (I had the driftwood sitting in a tub with light on it for about three weeks) but the shrimp keep picking the mini fissidens off it lol. I'll see if I can snap some closer pics tonight if they color up for pics!

#14 ·
dreamer_yoyo had the ebiten/crimson/benibachi mix and i got some of the mix band prl from max kenji for more benibachi genes. I really like how the ebiten have darker red but haven't been able to source any ebitens at all to help further that trait that i prefer to have later on

#19 ·
Thanks!

Can't wait to see what kind of color the F1~F2 will have from your collection.
Yeah I'm excited for that to happen! They've only been in the tank for about a week or so at the moment and they all seem happy BUT they totally avoid the feeding dish which is probably my fault since I never used a feeding dish with them in their prior tank haha

#23 ·
I have but only a few go after it when i put the RAC f-3 into the feeding dish....I'm guessing i wait too long to move it to the soil because it breaks apart when I grab it with my pinsettes lol so I have some on my aqusoil atm and hopefully they eat it

#24 ·
Some pictures of feeding time today...well not really haha it's more focused on the red legs but my ipod touch can only get so so pictures when it comes to the HDR function LOL

Now class this is how you Nom nom nom:

Gotta flash them red legs sometimes!

And photobombed by the other PRL! It's funny how it somewhat looks like the other PRL is looking at the camera!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.