The Planted Tank Forum banner

After 12 months Its about time!

1K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  deleted_user_17 
#1 ·
So after 12 months I have finaly have RCS Berried Females! Currently I have 4 carrying that I saw. The shrimp look to be low grade PFR, will try to get pics later if I can. Just wanted to share.

Curt

#9 ·
Naw the 12 months I think my problem was all I had were males, or they didnt like the tank. I put like 12 from my 55 before my discus went in that tank a couple years ago. But none of the shrimp ever seemed to berry up.

I got 12 From ghost shrimp sakura grade juvies about 1.5 months ago, I also had a group I got from another member who got out of the hobby around the same time. About 2 weeks ago after quarintine I moved them in to the 20, I have around 40 shrimp in there after I combined them. And now have berried females! I am hopeing they dont drop there eggs but they should be fine. Will keep you all posted and try to get some pics tonight.

Curt

#11 ·
#13 ·
If it is cool all the beter. When I bought a package I was told they were RCS, CRS, And some Chocolates. They were shiped the water was murkey and I lost some on the way to my house. Most I can tell that survived were RCS, and some that I would call low grade PFR. Take a look at my photobucket and let mr know what you guys think I have. I will start to selectivly breed as soon as I have space to do so.

Curt

#16 ·
RCS= red cherry shrimp

CRS= Crystal Red Shrimp
Yes I know, I am just passing on what I was told they were. When I got them I didnt see any CRS in the bunch. But was told they were juvies and were there. But I dont feel I was cheated I am very happy with what I got. Now my colony can grow.

Curt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.