The Planted Tank Forum banner

NEW STORE - Toledo Aquarium

5K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  givemeplantsorgivemedeath 
#1 ·
Hey, Im new to this forumn so first off hello everyone! I was driving home today when I saw the glow of bright tank lights. There is a new store going in at the corner of Alexis Rd and Talmadge in Toledo. Its called Toledo Aquarium. I talked to one of the owners and he was very nice and knew his stuff! He said they are going to have both fresh and saltwater. They are having a hge grand opening on July 10th. I am pretty excited to stop by and check it out. It is a huge store with lots of really nice stuff! YAY! Anyone else seen this?

#2 ·
Haha, signed up right before this thread and ONE post so far, you gave me every reason to think that you own this store... oh well... anyway, I will be in Toledo in Dec and I will definitely stop by and check it out~!!

BTW, if you are not the owner and if you didn't know, Triby Aquarium is pretty sweet for its freshwater fish and plants!! I was told that they will get more plants once the weather cools down for better shipment.

#5 ·
persdonally, depending on what you're getting, I MUCH prefer Pet Fanatic... Excellent store, really helpful knowledgable owner, etc... i was not impressed with tribly... they were over priced, and kind of rude, imo.. they didn't seem to really want to help, didn't explain much... were so against any of the MGO or "dirt tanks" they said they had never even heard of it... so i ended up buying 2 bags of florite and a bag of eco complete,... I later found them for 10 less per bag.... :( I mean 2-3 bucks is fine, 10? that is 30 dollars "extra" right there that I did not have to spend... IDK when I go back to a LFS in toledo area it will be Pet Fanatic...

#6 ·
toledo stores

I went to toledo aquarium several times (TA>Matt was awesome, he moved to Florida I heard), nice shop while they were still in business, its a shame that so many independent shops have gone out of business over the years, I remember the good old days when there were more than 12 mom and pops in the area, you could easily spend the weekend cruising the fish shops,now I spend my hours at trilby :icon_bigg, TT>Matt has always been helpful with my questions and pretty flexible when I needed something. pretty much just big boxes and wally worlds left anymore :sleep: I've been going to trilby since they opened and have found their prices on par with the big boxes with quality and advise being way better.

Big Tank Tim
BTW Horselady, where did you find the gravel soo cheap? i am setting up a new 400 gallon tank and will need lots of it. PM me the name if you don't want to post it here. sometimes that's frowned upon by some MODS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.