The Planted Tank Forum banner

Start of my first planted tank

26K views 165 replies 29 participants last post by  Neatfish 
#1 ·
This thread will be for my first planted tank. I already got all the stuff to get this done except co2. Equipment: 29g tank with hood, t8 light, big bag of Eco complete, root tabs, dwarf hair grass, bacopa, aquatop cf400-Uv canister filter, 29g wood stand. Tomorrow I'm going to get the stand built and by the night it should be ready to plant. I been reading for months about this stuff now it's time for hands on. I welcome any tips to help me have a nice planted tank. Maybe a nice piece of drift wood in the middle with some moss growing off it like a tree. I'm going for that carpet look maybe some tall grass toward the back.

#118 ·
IMO, I would remove the figurine thing you have going, and add the piece of wood. Sporadically lay out the small stone pieces, not in a fashion that looks like layed cobble stone. - It will help with gettinng your scene a little more natural.

Also, get a few more plants, like a fair few more, as I didnt really notice much difference in the over all scheme of things. A few more chnages and I think you will be wqell underway!

Good luck.

#131 ·
Just an updated. I been doing about 6hrs of light a day and dosing c02 booster tomorrow I'll start dosing florinmulti.

Plants

10-Marsilea minuta -carpet plant

1/2 portion -flame moss

1-anubias nana

3-Bacopa

1-root plant not sure what kind

10-dwarf sag

1-Java fern

Substrate/Fertilizers

Eco complete

Root tabs

Co2 booster

Florinmulti

6hrs of light a day

Fish/Shrimp

16-Neon Tetra

9-Glowlight Tetra

6-Rummy nose tetra. added today

10-Ghost shrimp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.