The Planted Tank Forum banner

TIger Lotus and Cory

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  rdn2 
#1 ·
Just got my new cam so i took about 300 pics... heres 2 decent ones

See less See more
#2 ·
WOOOOOWWWWW :D

Great pictures....what type of camera is it?

Mike :D

#4 ·
Canon EOS 10D Digital SLR... 6.11MP

I have a Canon S20 3.3MPixel for sale with a 64mb CF card 2 batteries and an external charger.

Asking $250 paid ~900 for the setup 2 years ago. It is a TRUE 3.3 MP camera..

Private message me if anyone is interested.

Heres a sample of a pic form it about 2 months ago.
http://www.scottrossi.com/pittsburgh.jpg

Link to an old review of it:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canons20/

#10 ·
I ordered one "Tiger lily" bulb (Nymphaea lotus) from Aquariumplant and they generously shipped me about 8 bulbs.

They are seriously taking over part of my 100 gal:

Here a comparison to how they looked like a few weeks ago:

After starting to fertilize with KNO3 and K2SO4 the leaves got much bigger and show a color that reminds of something metallic, like copper. Hard to give credit in a photo:

#11 ·
Those tiger lotus really are beautiful plants. The red really look well next to driftwood. It's amazing how fast they grow too. I planted one about a month ago and in that time it has probably grew 5 new leaves. Every couple of new leaves it will send up a runner to the top which I really like to see but eventually have to snip it because the leaf gets so big it blocks light. I never expected the plants to do so well.

#12 ·
I bought a small to medium sized red tiger lotus off aquabid for my 75 gallon a month or so ago. I've already taken 3 baby plants about the size it was originally to the lfs for credit and made back what I spent to get it and get it shipped. And there is a 4th baby plant starting to grow as we speak. It grows like mad!!! :twisted:

Very nice pics rossi. I think I'm getting camera envy.

Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.