The Planted Tank Forum banner

Miracle!

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  acitydweller 
#1 ·
So here's the story, I have just bought some half moon today from my local pet store due to the immobilizing outstanding look. Considering that my fish shouldn't be left in the car when my girlfriend and I go for her shopping, i went back home and placed those little creatures in a bowl, planning to acclimate them once i am back. I went out for about 2 hours and by the time i reached home, there was this stink smelling in the room and so i went to check and discovered that 2 of the fishes were outside lying beside the bowl. i thought they were dead but somehow i just dropped them back to the water, two of the floated and confirm the death news. Just when i thought of getting them out from the bowl, they started to turn around and moved again!!! I was so overthrown by joy that they actually survived! One of fish's body had turned dark colour which i believe is due to the lack of oxygen. But they look pretty healthy now in the tank, isn't this a miracle ? :D

#5 ·
I don't know about a miracle or just lucky. It probably helps that they have a labyrinth organ that allows them to take in oxygen from the atmosphere rather than just through their gills as other fish do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.