The Planted Tank Forum banner

2.5G Sparta

7K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  c_gwinner 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a small desk tank with a dragonscale betta name Leonidas (or as everyone else calls him Leo for short)
Ecco complete is the substrate with a simple sponge filter.
Plants include:
Ludwigia r.
Anubias nana
Crypt parva
Java fern
Dwarf Sag.

The beginning

Leonidas

Tank as it is now needing a trim and clean

Will get a better picture this afternoon hopefully to get less glare from all the extra lighting and windows.

See less See more
#3 ·
He Flared up at the shrimp a couple times when they first were introduced, but then doesnt pay any attention to them. He hangs out usually int the jungle of stem plants and the shrimp hide out on the other side of the driftwood under the anubias. He doesnt even notice the snails, except when I have to toss the Nerite back into the tank every now and then.

#16 ·
We are preparing to move into a new building this month and had to move outta my office so Leo's tank had to be taken down. Gonna be a while before I actually get to move into my office, so set up the new 2.0 version at home. Its re cycling with a new HOB filter so he hasn't gotten to move in yet. Here are some shots.

#17 ·
I like it a lot! However, it does not look very cohesive. Adding any kind of moss in between the spaces of the hard scape will give it a lot of depth and cohesion. Are you going to be doing another betta?

#24 ·
Thanks. Had to redo the tank cuz the moss was getting out of control and the scape was more set up for a 360 viewing when I was gonna bring it back to work, but since I never got my own office like they said I would and still stuck in the lab I dont want a tank with all that going on around it. So I have redone the scape again and will snap some pics once the water clears up. I think this setup will provide Leo with more room to swim and wont confine him like the other one did when it grew in so heavily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.