The Planted Tank Forum banner

LFS New York City update... BETA 1.0

401K views 4K replies 300 participants last post by  Qckwzrd 
#1 ·
Hello New Yorkers,

This thread would be dedicated to let every one know what's going on with LFS (Local Fish Store). Some members of this forum started to post some updates from some of the LFS and I thought that I would be a good idea to make one specific thread that every one can look constantly.

I work near by Win Tropical and Pacific World and I would keep you guys update on their stocks. Feel free to PM is you have any particular question because I won't post every single thing that they have, but I would happy to check for you.

Please feel free to review and recommended any other store.

PD. If you find any grammar mistake or want to add more please PM me!!!

Cheers,

Jose:fish::fish:

#3,253 ·
It's a pity, I believe they're legal in our friendly neighbor country up north. I'd love to own one if it were legal and I had the dough. I guess I'm ignorant but I never thought a LFS in chinatown would have any, you know, since they're illegal... I think I know which one it might be ;)

#3,255 ·
So I see that you can buy some decent plants at Petco from pots (and Win, Pacific), are there any other stores that sell these types of plants? Just got into the hobby so a little new to the freshwater game (previously just kept reefs).

Looking mainly in Midtwown/Downtown Manhnattan. I was at Petco in Kips Bay the other day (near my apartment) and the selection made me sad.

#3,263 ·
Stopped by Zoo-Rama Pets and Aquarium in Elmont earlier today. Nice, small store. They have plenty of healthy angels, rainbowfish, killies, and other assorted fish. The store also has a nice breeding population of pure black guppies. They have a nice selection of healthy, low light plants such as potted crypts, swords, java ferns, enormous anubias, mosses, and others. They also have some nice looking bettas, with some elephant ears, dragonscales, and plakats.

#3,274 ·
I happen to be in westbury today to do some shopping, and on old country rd I see village aquariums. So while my fily was shopping I drive over there to take a look. Their fish stock was mostly salt water, and few fresh. The problem was that there was not a great selection of fresh and most tanks have dead fish in them. Now for the good part. I noticed that most if their tAnks were deep blue tanks, so I went. Further into the shop an they had the 12", 10" and I guess 6" cubes. I saw the 12" cube in fishtow for $50, but they wanted $36. I picked one up right away. They also have many of the solar t5 and led lights

#3,284 ·
Sad news for us :( Win will be closing at the end of June! The owners are retiring, which is great for them but makes me sad. I just found out today that my mom is friends (both went to Stuyvesant) with their daughter's husband. I will miss Win a lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.