The Planted Tank Forum banner

improvement on Plants with DIY CO2

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  cich 
#1 ·
Two days ago i put in a DIY CO2 system, it is flowing well and is now in the intake of my power filter.. I have a moderately planted tank.. Does anyone know around how long it will take before i see a change and improvement on my plants...?

#4 ·
Measure the pH of your tank water and compare it to the pH of tapwater that was standing about 12 hours. The drop in pH will indicate the efficiency of your CO2 injection. Measure the kH too and determine the CO2 content using the chart... http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_co2chart.htm

#6 ·
I saw an immediate response from my plants. Quite literally, they began to pearl heavily only a few hours of starting up the CO2.

As far as growth, well, I have only been running the CO2 for 19 days now. My red melon sword which seemed to be dormant, has added about six new leaves, all of which have grown to nearly double the size of the previous leaves. My java fern hasn't grown significantly, but has put out about 8 baby plantlets since I started the CO2. I got some Riccia to plant a foreground carpet. The LFS only had a tiny little bunch, so I just have it floating on the surface now, until it gains enough mass to be able to anchor on the substrate. I would guess that in the last 10 days, the Riccia has nearly tripled!

#8 ·
ive just recently set up my diy presure kit and accidentaly left the timer on this morning, the co2 was pumping all day and ive noticed little hairs growing on the stems and fine roots appering, this is all in one day, its proberly stupid but ive been adding small amounts of Iron Phosphate dilute mix to the water and they are doing well.

i only have a small amount of plants and 1 fish as its a new tank, the 1 fish to start of the cycle but i should have maybe got more.

i think your kit will do fine, i think all kits are fine especialy pressure kits so long as there regulated, i have 2 regulators before the tank entry and a small air reg to fine tune it, as long as you dont get no blow outs i think you will do fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.