The Planted Tank Forum banner

Anyone using the ISTA Spiral reactor?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  MrSlumpy 
#1 ·
It looks like this:

And is available on ebay via the search "ISTA External CO2 Ceramic Reactor Diffuser 16/22mm for aquarium plants Spiral"

Anyone have any experience with it? It looked like a nifty gizmo to me so I ordered one based on my love of cheap nifty gizmos.

I've been pretty happy with the ISTA Max Mix reactors until recently when one of mine started making more noise than it should. I took it apart and cleaned it and it quieted down a bit, but I'd prefer not to have to do that very often, if ever.

And before you tell me I should just DIY please note that my time is worth more to me than money, especially considering the low cost of these types of reactors. I like DIY projects but only when they save me a good chunk of cash. I'm sure there are a few others that agree.

Anyhow, somebody has to have one of these things out there, eh? I won't get mine for a couple of weeks since it's coming from overseas.

See less See more
#2 ·
why don't you try it since money is not an issue :thumbsup:

I have the same use on ISTA max mix Large, and not try to do DIY with same reason. I try couple of model with inline + ceramic difusser, and later ISTA max mix large ...

but at a point that i am not satisfied on the performance to support 75G tank, i have to make a switch to cerges (a little bit DIY, but not taking as much as time as i think initially) ... and glad i did that.

from what i see on cerges, i don't need to maintain as much as ISTA, no moving part ... it reduce usage on CO2, and no micro bubble in my tank as with ISTA max mix ... so it all meet my requirement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.