The Planted Tank Forum banner

Philip's ADA Mini-M - Help me choose fish!

32K views 124 replies 43 participants last post by  daitran89 
#1 · (Edited)
Philip's ADA Mini-M

Hi all,
I got this setup as a Christmas gift from my family. I'm super excited to get it all set up! I've never had a nano tank before so i'm sure there will be a little bit of a learning curve. However, it should be a lot of fun and i hope that you guys will enjoy following this tank's progression.

I've been messing around with the scape for the past few days, and i think i've finally come up with something that i like. However, i'm trying to decide whether i should trim down the longest branch in the front or not. I'd appreciate your feedback.

For plants, i'm planning on a HC carpet with some sort of Rotala sp. in the background. The branches will be covered with moss (likely taiwan), though i haven't totally decided on which type yet. I'm hoping to make this an easy tank to maintain by keeping it simple.

For fauna, i'll likely go with some sort of micro rasbora as well as yellow shrimp.

I have all the necessary equipment to get this tank going except for the filter and lily pipes. My next pay check can't come soon enough!

Although it's likely not the most economical setup, i've been wanting to try GLA's new 95 gram CO2 disposable cartridge kit for a while now. I tested it out on my 60-P and it seems to work well. I hope the cartridges will each last for at least a month. From what i've heard, they should. It's a very sleek little kit and it goes well with the ADA look.

Let me know what you think!

Tank: ADA Mini-M (5.5G)
Light: ADA Solar Mini-M
Filter: Eheim 2211
CO2: GLA Atomic Nano CO2 Kit (95 gram cartridge)
Substrate: ADA New Amazonia (multi-type)
Hardscape: Ohko stone; ADA branch wood
Dosing: pFertz NPK+micros

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.