The Planted Tank Forum banner

eheim pro3e media?

965 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Jeff5614 
#1 ·
I'm prepairing to purchase an eheim pro 3e 2078. I understand it is good for planted aquariums and has some other nice features. It says it needs 6 liters of ehfisubstrat pro and 2 liters of ehimech. First is the ehfimech necessary? Also is 6 liters of the ehfisubstrate. I was planning to put chemi pure. And some peat to soften my water (im building a south American tank). If they are absolutely nessary any suggestions on how to implement the peat and chemi pure.

#9 ·
I have a 2076 and 2075. In my opinion the E features aren't worth the additional pricing, but I can understand someone wanting them. For the price of a 2078 you can pick up a 2080. It holds a lot more media than the 2078. Of course then you have to buy a lot more media :).
http://www.bigalspets.com/fish/pro-3-2080-canister-filter.html

I use Matrix in mine, quite a bit less expensive than Eheim media, along with a coarse blue pad and some Big Al's floss for the fine pad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.