The Planted Tank Forum banner

Swap Meet on Sunday 11/11/12

23K views 444 replies 32 participants last post by  acitydweller 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Theme for this meet: Ferts!

Met at LES and walking to the 5 LFS in the area.

More photos here http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.125229287631979&type=1

Start point at Pacific Aquarium on Delancy @ 2:30pm

Pacific aquarium, 123 aquarium, 38 aquarium, Win tropical and Aquastar on the tour route. We are still looking for indoor options on where to swap.

At this meet, the theme will be dosing. Anyone who's able to help put together sample packets to share great. Due to the short time and the other tours of late, i'm not sure if i can order and pack all this stuff to distribute as i had in the past for the clay and floaters so i'd ask if some of the other forum members can help out here or step up to help.

Been thinking of holding a raffle for a prize. Maybe we can sell tickets for $.25 - $3 depending on the value of the prize and number of people attending. drawing to be conducted by a random stranger passer by out of a hat or bag. Any interest, please speak up. could be anything like a bottle of prime, ferts, or anything people may want to contribute.

As always, the invitation is extended to everyone who has expertise or interest in the hobby or just like pretty fishes and shrimp. Murderers and hooligans need not apply.

See less See more
#304 ·
I propose this.
I for one do not need many items from the raffle at all :O

so I think we can make it more fun by splitting the items up (with the exception of the tank)

ie. to enter one has to donate atleast $5....
and put $1ea on the items that they want (or buy two tickets for the one item) :)

then we do a draw for each individual item!

or something along those lines.

we can make an inventory tomorrow and take names down for people joining and what they want to enter a raffle for. have everything prepared beforehand and collect payment at the swapmeet....>.>

#305 · (Edited)
The concept behind both is to raise money for the aquarium. If one does not have funds to donate, items can be offered up for raffle/auction to raise funds. This way everyone has an opportunity to participate.

For the raffle, tickets are bought and drawn from a hat. people can buy one or many tickets.
For auction items, bidding will continue until the highest price is reached at that moment.
A third option would be to donate $ directly which is fine too.

What one does with their winnings is their decision. If they wish to barter or divvy to others, that's their choice. This would also imply one should not bid on items of no interest.

#308 ·
I'm feeling like I can't attend and there have been a couple inquiries about the bettas. So if anyone is able to meet me from E. Tremont at Grand concourse to 161st, I'm willing to donate those fish, at the member who wants to purchase them at ($5.00) each so that the funds can go to BK aquarium.

Just a thought of mine, I'm really trying to move/change schedule because i'd really love to attend but its not looking promising. Of course I would collaborate with Albert to make sure he receives the fish and hands them off to the right people and gets the proceeds to the Aquarium.

#309 ·
lui, that's very thoughtful and generous of you. Can someone in the area help meet up with bettasusa?

As an option, we can allow people to buy and do pickup at a later date as well. You have great photos and videos which should allow this to be a viable option for interested parties.

#310 ·
So I got a rather pitiful amount out of the driftwood in my 2.5 gallons XD sorry guys! I think there's only enough for one person in there.... and with my noob trimming skills... there's a million loose 1/4in bits in there T_T

So flame moss to sonic path and 3 strands for eeng XD

so... how does one ID moss? they all look the same to me. I know it's mostly java.... so it all looks like.. stringy java, not so stringy java, a little bushy java, messy java :/

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#330 ·
Lemme get some hygroryza! Also, are you still interested in the roaches?

Did you also get yours from jelllie?
Nah. I trimmed some cuttings from my potted house plant and kept the aerial roots submerged in some tank water for a few weeks.

Does anyone have any fenbendazole to trade with? I just found planeria in my tank T.T i think it came from the plants I got from people, I treated this tank before and I use a food bowl so I don't know what else to say.
I can give you some. What do you have to trade, plant wise?

#327 ·
I don't think everyone is on this list yet :) please add yourself if you are attending :D

1. aokashi
2. Congee
3. chibikaie
4. cprash
5. tee hee xD
6. szenic - Jen
7. Fuze
8. acitydweller - lucky number 8
9: sunyang730 - Dennis
10: ecotanker
11: Sonicpath - Chris
12. eeng168 - Edward
13. viva - Flo

#334 ·
1. aokashi
2. Congee
3. chibikaie
4. cprash
5. tee hee xD
6. szenic - Jen
7. Fuze
8. acitydweller - lucky number 8
9: sunyang730 - Dennis
10: ecotanker
11: Sonicpath - Chris
12. eeng168 - Edward
13. viva - Flo
14. aznrice247 - Derek
15. kubalik - Jake ( if I get some more gas tonight)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.