The Planted Tank Forum banner

A Haven for Aquascapers.

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  acropora1981 
#1 ·
One thing that has been lacking tremendously in our hobby and industry is the framework for creative's to meet under a more professional setting to help push forward and discuss aquascaping in particular.

The Problem:

Almost No Jobs to reward creative individuals in the aquascaping field.

Zero Professional recognition or distinguisher between normal "pet stores" or "fish aquarists" and "Aquascapers."

Almost no Networking ability or for people who would be potentially interested in becoming an aquascaper to get into contact with others who already do it (i.e. hidden community)

This is not acceptable, and as such these, among other problems has lead to a first step towards changing that:

The Aquarium Design - Aquascaping Group on LinkedIn

Access to this group is through approval only to keep it professional - however by professional I mean anyone who seriously enjoys aquascaping (not necessarily an aquascaping professional) and wishes to see a more professional spin and wishes to help make more careers in aquascaping possible either for their own benefit or for others.

Why was LinkedIn chosen for the first step?

-Multitudes of career, design, et cetera Professionals in a plethora of fields use it and accept it as a referencing point.
-Step's 'outside' the box of what currently exists
-Is inherently more useful than Facebook for people to create profiles to help them find or promote jobs/careers, which is a huge plus in this economy.

Join with me and let's help change how the world views our hobby.

See less See more
#3 ·
You should join it!

I envision a spot in which resources can be centrally located, not owned by a particular company or interest outside of Aquascaping of all realms, and a spot in which it can cross-link to organizations, companies, websites, et cetera that are rewarding people invested in the hobby and industry.

#8 ·
I've made the rounds and added you guys - will probably start some discussions soon, (of course, anyone else can feel free to start one), as more people get on board.

My advice - don't just use LinkedIn for this! I'd also start building your connections/online resume stuff too. I wish I had started using it years ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.