The Planted Tank Forum banner

Then and now. Need help (plant replacement)

6K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  JSE 
#1 ·
I initially wanted a carpet of baby tears in the front and dwarf hair grass in the back. CO2, ferts, lights... perfect... but... CO2 would dump after a certain PSI was reached I spent more on refilling CO2 than the regulator.

Crappy cell pics.

Left: Dwarf baby tears
Left driftwood: Anubias petite nana
Upper right/back: Dwarf hair grass
Right driftwood: Christmas moss
Right driftwood (plant in soil): Echinodorus Angustifolia 'Vesuvius'

I ended up throwing out my dwarf baby tears and let my hair grass grow wild! It was almost 8 inches tall. Now It wont grow above 4 inches after the trim (hmm).

The Anubias is about 3x bigger than they started!
Vesuvius sent out many many runners. I decided to let one of them grow about a month ago so I have about 10 plants on that new runner.
The Christmas moss was massive at one point so I cut it all back and it has been struggling to come back since then.
Upper left is some dwarf Christmas moss and Fissidens fontanus (given to me by a member of the forum)

Aside from trimming it back. I want to move the Vesuvius. It is a larger plant than anticipated. Should It go in the back left corner, or should I cut out some of the hair grass in the back right and place it there?

I was considering taking out a portion of the hair grass on the left side and putting the Fissidens fontanus in there and let it spread.

As you can see I haven't been a very good tank keep recently... Waters low and intakes are a little clogged. All is well though lol. Fish are there for movement, not going to stay.

See less See more
#6 ·
So here are a few pics Moved the Vesuvius to the back. Waters a little murky.

Here are a few pics pics after I removed some and trimmed some of the hair grass. Thinking of growing some fissidens fontanus in the left end of the tank. Opinions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.