The Planted Tank Forum banner

Co2 Reactor Kit 200

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Anonymous 
#1 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know, the company that makes these has been selling factory seconds of these reactors on ebay for $35, I should receive mine in a day or two. i just read a testimonial that the reactor dropped the ph in a 55gal from 8.1 to 6.5 in minutes. My ph is 7.4, should I be scared of killing my little buddies with this thing? When I hook up a fresh bottle of yeast, the ph goes down to 7.0 pretty quick and that is just letting my emperor 280 suck up the bubbles.
http://www.floridadriftwood.com/product.asp?0=217&1=253&3=147
:?:

#2 ·
Well if you dropped the pH in a tank from 8.1 to 6.5 in minutes you would have fish floating in a few minutes too. Also the only way to drop the pH that far would be to have water with no buffer in it. I have a pressurized system with a highly efficient reactor and I can't drop my pH that fast. So I would have to say that the testimonial you read is bulls**t.

As far as you having problems? Well it depends on your kH.

#3 ·
Thanks Rex, I wondered about it.

#5 ·
I just bought one from their site for the 49.99. I appreciate what you r doing for us here, but something seems fishy (and I dont mean the tanks) about buying seconds. Id rather spend the 15 dollars more and be sure im getting a perfect model. Either way, I think we will both be happy with what we have--its just that im anal retentive and your not. :lol:

#6 ·
To know how many minutes the guy is talking about, take the hours in one day times it by 60 and there you go. In minutes, just it a whole lot of them.
I say this because I work for a supermarket the has recipes that are done in minutes--like 100 minutes. Is that an hour and fourty minutes--no 2-3 minutes like most people would assume.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.