The Planted Tank Forum banner

Atlantis Aquarium Store

7K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Vepr 
#1 · (Edited)
Atlantis Aquarium
3125 Roswell Rd
Marietta, GA 30062
(770) 977-5882

This is my favorite aquarium store. It's a bit of a distance from me, thus I visit it only when I am the area.

#3 ·
Pretty high praise so I thought I should check them out. Drove up and thought.......no way. Looks like a little hole in the wall from the outside. Walked inside and thought.........no way, not much here. Then I started walking back and kept discovering more turns and more tanks. Wow! Lots of selection. I was also plesantly surprised by the selection of plants they have!!!! Best I have seen in Atlanta. Much, much bigger selection than Marine Fish which is just 2 miles away. Don't have any room in my tanks but walked away with a bunch of Ludwigia Ovalis. Very healty and great color. The guy I talked with said they were low on plants right now, but had just recently added two of the plant tanks to increase their selection. Four leaf clover, Micro swords, several different Crypts including Balanase, Ludwigia reopens, Ludwigia ovalis, several anubias, Aponogeton crispus , Cabomba green, Crinum, and a bunch more. Thats just what I remember seeing. Check them out.

#6 ·
I agree the guy has a fantastic selection of plants and fish. Some plants are cheaper than most places and others are several dollars more than most places. He knows what hes talking about and his tanks are almost devoid of snails.

But to the above guys point.... everything else is waaaayyy tooo expensive. He hit me for almost $200 on a two bulb nova extreme. They go for way less than that online. Then he wanted $37(after tax) for a 4ft t5 bulb the next time I went in there.

Summary, buy your plants there and nothing else.

#9 · (Edited)
I went to this store a couple of months ago right after they moved. They are a little hard to find. Its a 2 story strip center and they are on the bottom level which you get to from the back. It looks like a one story from the front. Their new place is big and they had just moved in the week before when I went. I will go back. The fish selection is always good and the plants are very healthy. I highly recommend it.

#10 ·
I will have to say that I visited this store again this weekend. (Feb. 10, 2012). Since I had given a good reveiw I felt the need to give an update. I was very disappointed that even though they moved into the new place in November of last year they still looked like they has not unpacked. The selection was not good and the place smelled like old aquarium water. I had enjoyed visiting them before they moved and hope that things will get better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.