The Planted Tank Forum banner

Is my CO2 going to implode eventually?

4K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  kid creole 
#1 ·
It is sucking up into itself, I use silicone airline connected to a check valve which is connected to another piece of silicone airline that runs into a Hagen Elite Mini.

See less See more
#2 ·
Be careful. If the bottle keeps on collapsing like that, you will end up with the yeast mixture inside your aquarium! It is possible the Hagen Elite Mini is too strong, causing the pop bottle to collapse like that.

#7 ·
I'm not really a guy, but I know what you're saying! :flick:

pinch off the hose let some pressure build in the bottle for a min or two it should do the exact opposite of implode unless you have suction of some sort on the other end
I just took off the stocking that I rubberbanded onto the filter. Hopefully I won't see any chopped up baby guppies all over the place. Well I guess they'd get stuck to the sponge covering the output thingy.

#9 ·
the solution that comes with the hagens are very smelly. When mine spilled and broke I was sick to my stomach yackin every moment I get. Id rather smell a skunk that the stuff in my room.

so becarefull, release some pressure then find a stronger bottle soon. I liked gatorade bottles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.