The Planted Tank Forum banner

Borneo Wild products - reviews?

122K views 347 replies 67 participants last post by  Razvan Virna 
#1 · (Edited)
Please post your review of any Borneo Wild product. They seem to have a ton of various things for shrimp so I would like to hear some opinions if you used anything made by them.

So far I have used:
Dance breeding liquid
Growth Food
Barley Food

I have to say that I'm really really pleased with their products. I have tried probably 10 different foods and my shrimp like the BorneoWild stuff the best.

I'm looking to get some Humic and Shield. Anybody use these two? Should I be picking up something else as well?

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185317

EDIT:
I now own all these...let me know if anybody has questions about specific ones.

Thanks.

See less See more
#335 ·
Crimson Review:
In my CRS/CBS tank I have not noticed any noticeable difference in the red coloration of my CRS, but maybe I don't use it enough(once/twice a week)? I just started using it in my PFR/malawa tank and it seems like my PFR have a more solid red coloration than when I wasn't using it, even some of my malawa shrimp have been developing a pinkish/red coloration

#344 ·
Wow! Good to see the thread still going.

At this point I only use BW Barley since I still have some left over. Since I only keep PFR now there is no point in fancy products. If I did get back into shrimp seriously I would still pick up a few BW items since they worked so well; especially Shield.

In terms of the above question about the GH UP....I used it for a short time due to the ambiguous instructions and mixing powders. I prefer Shirakura Ca+ which is just a liquid and much easier to manage. It's pretty cheap too if you have one or two shrimp tanks.

#347 ·
sorry to revive this thread. but what's the conclusion? i want to try borneowild products.I bought this week benibachi sp, ebi dama from shirakura, dennerle complete, dennerle protein (dennerle is not a hit shrimps don t touch it) hokaido pumpkin, nettle sticks , spinach and some more veggies(food i am using). am i good or should i go for borneowild and if yes what types?i also use bacter AE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.