The Planted Tank Forum banner

CO2 refills in SE Mich

21K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  fishscale 
#1 ·
For everyone rocking pressurized CO2, where do you go for tank refills? For personal purposes, I'm mostly concerned with the Metro Detroit/Ann Arbor area, but since it appears there are a lot of Westsiders on this board you are welcome to reply as well (former Westsider here :) ).

I want to put in a plug for Spears Fire & Safety on Ann Arbor's west side. I got my tank from them originally and have taken it back for refills a couple of times and it took them all of 5-10 minutes and I was back on my way. I thought nothing of it until spending my lunch driving around Livonia (work) trying to get it taken care of around here; the best I could find was a place where I could drop off the tank and maybe (?!?) have it filled by Friday. So I guess if you're in A2, they are the place to go!

Hopefully this will garner some kind of response. If not, meh, I tried.

#5 ·
I tried all the paint ball places in my area and they can't fill a 5lb cyclinder. They don't have the right attachment. I did however get mine filled at>

Plymouth/Wayne Welding
28240 Beck Road
Wixom

Just North of I96, on the right. Costed me $17 though..ouch!

#11 ·
wow the closest airgas station that has 20# tanks want $204 to buy a full tank then like $20 or so for each refill, and they're 60 miles away. My local airgas only has 50# tanks and they require you pay $60/year + $75 deposit for the tank and then it's like $30 a refill for the 50# tank...

I don't think I have any other options though, gotta love small towns. ;-)

Unfortionately I think a 50# tank is going to require some creativeness to hide it.. most likely in the basement :(

#13 ·
look for a local store here: http://airgas.com/ but from the prices i've seen quoted here and what my local airgas stores quoted me, theres a very WIDE price difference depending on where you live.. ;-\

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.