The Planted Tank Forum banner

How To: Dual Gauge Regulator

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  sealmode 
#1 ·
I recently purchased an Aquatek Premium Regulator(adjustable working pressure) for a paintball 20oz setup and I was looking for a little assistance on adjusting the working pressure.

Initially the working pressure was at about 20 PSI, and I increased the working pressure and it jumped to 40 PSI. I then backed off the working pressure adjustable knob but it didn't seem to adjust lower.

I then started to adjust needle valve etc and trying different combinations.

Right now the working pressure is at ~65 PSI, I increased the pressure but again backed off it.

I dont feel like the system is running at 65 PSI just based on how much I have it flowing. Will this go down over some time and how should i best adjust the Regulator? If i started with the working pressure and needle valve in the off position, what is the recommended method to adjust it?

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
It will take a bit of time for the pressure to drop from the 40 PSI (or 65 PSI now) back whatever the set value is (after you backed it off).

Just let the CO2 flow for a little while, and you should see it decrease.

I would just let your regulator off gas first (with the CO2 main cylinder closed). This will reset everything back to zero (make sure that the regulator knob is still dialed in (clockwise) so that any gas remaining in the regulator can be released. Of course, you could just unscrew the regulator from the CO2 cylinder as well...)

In any case, once that is done, just make sure your CO2 knob is completely backed off (counter clockwise) and your needle valve is open.

Open the CO2 main cylinder valve. The high pressure gauge should read the CO2 cylinder pressure.

Slowly turn the regulator knob clockwise until you reach the desired delivery pressure, and then adjust the flow further with the needle valve.

That's all there is to it.

#3 ·
Just let the CO2 flow for a little while, and you should see it decrease.

I would just let your regulator off gas first (with the CO2 main cylinder closed). This will reset everything back to zero (make sure that the regulator knob is still dialed in (clockwise) so that any gas remaining in the regulator can be released. Of course, you could just unscrew the regulator from the CO2 cylinder as well...)
Thanks for the reply Darkblade48. Im a little confused here on your suggestion to let it off gas by closing the main cylinder(the regulator knob counter-clockwise), but also keep the regulator knob dialed in(clockwise) for the remaining gas will be released?

I must be interpreting this wrong

#6 ·
The cylinder is the tank filled with CO2. The knob on the top of that thing is what you'd turn off first.
As kevmo911 mentioned, the main cylinder knob refers to the CO2 cylinder knob, not the regulator knob.

I ended up unscrewing the regulator from the tank and it zero'd it out. I then re-initialized the c02 setup with the above directions and its working well. ~30 PSI w/ and about 1bps
I am glad it worked out for you in the end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.