The Planted Tank Forum banner

LFS New York City update... BETA 1.0

401K views 4K replies 300 participants last post by  Qckwzrd 
#1 ·
Hello New Yorkers,

This thread would be dedicated to let every one know what's going on with LFS (Local Fish Store). Some members of this forum started to post some updates from some of the LFS and I thought that I would be a good idea to make one specific thread that every one can look constantly.

I work near by Win Tropical and Pacific World and I would keep you guys update on their stocks. Feel free to PM is you have any particular question because I won't post every single thing that they have, but I would happy to check for you.

Please feel free to review and recommended any other store.

PD. If you find any grammar mistake or want to add more please PM me!!!

Cheers,

Jose:fish::fish:

#2,948 ·
World Class Aquarium had nice looking Rummy Nose for 1.99 ea.
and really nice looking black diamond barbs, didn't look at the price.
Flatbush Ave Brooklyn.
I asked him if he could get me some pygmeous cory's and he just said no and shook his head, really?! Anyone in Brooklyn or LI see them anywhere lately?

#2,957 ·
Do you know any place that sells the neon tetras for cheaper than 2 dollars Albert? I think Cardinals are okay but I would like something a bit smaller than cardinals. I was planning to go for neon tetra if it would be too hard for me to get other fish that I have in mind which are only three really lol.

#2,964 ·
Was at Pacific, Win, and Aquastar today.

At Win I took the last 3 gallon DB tank. :) I'm downsizing from my 5.5 gallon. My desk feels really claustrophobic with the tank there. :( He has bumblebee gobies and a LOT of plant trimmings now. And HUGE female guppies. The biggest I've ever seen are in the first tank on the left. He has baby kribs and angelfish now.

Aquastar is horrible for anything but some of his tropical community fish! :'( The plants... Never buy them. Full of bugs, leeches, and who knows what. Not going to speak of the other animals there. :(

I had forgotten how bad it was, but he does have blackworms. Last time my mom stacked another container on top of them creating a disgusting goop of dead things. Ew.

On a happier note, Pacific has so many adorable pea puffers it's ridiculous!! <3 so cute! I got 3 white clouds and they're small, but very pretty. They also had sexy shrimp. Weird, but super cool. Plus tons of shrimp like bamboo shrimp (they have little fans to filter feed! They were all crowded around the filter output), orange shrimp, Amanos, etc. Oh and tiny little Pygmy gouramis which are so pretty and cute.

Where do you think I can get some supplies for my new DB tank without paying ridiculous amounts of money? I need a fine grain sand, hardscape, lights, filter, and maybe a heater. Thanks! :)

#2,965 ·
Fishtown USA:
Spiketail Paradise - $4 3/$11
Otos - $1.50 3/$4
Large bronze cories (2 inches) - $3.49 3/$10
Kuhli loaches - $4 2/$7.75

I also hit up that Hydroponics store on Horace Harding westbound past Main St. They had plenty of stuff for growing plants emersed (net pots, hydroton, rock wool). I picked up a few pipettes for a few cents each.

#2,966 ·
I strongly advise anyone who can get out to Fish Town to snap up some spiketailed paradise. I picked up a pair in November 2011 when Monster Fish posted on this thread that they had some. They spawned almost immediately, didn't eat their fry, & I made a nice chunk of change from selling the babies on Aquabid. Oh, & they're still going strong.

Attachments

#2,970 · (Edited)
Went to Pacific,Win and 123 today

Win-
Black Skirt Tetra juvies - $1.50
Bumble bee goby (1 left) - $1.50

Pacific -

Cinnamon loach 3/$7
Meyer's loach 3/$7
Zebra loach 3/$18
Queen loach $25

Dwarf puffer - 3/$8

Pumpkin neos - forgot to ask

Also, better Fire Reds than normal in stock, still 3/$10. Picked up three to boost my colony.

I also saw red ammania and crypt wenti "sunset"

#2,975 ·
A little farther north for most of you - but the Pet Goods in Yonkers on Central Park Avenue has a few Pygmy Corys ($2 each I think) and a few really nice 2-3" Leopard Ctenopoma that they said were eating pellets. ($10 each, 3 for $25 I think).

Exotic Pet Warehouse in Yonkers has a good number of Honey Gourami - but most of the fish in there looked very suspect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.