The Planted Tank Forum banner

Best place on LI to get co2 supplies?

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  bigsink 
#1 ·
Specifically, what I need is a nice co2 tank and the tubing. I just got a setup from neilshieh and I just need the co2 tank, the tubing (which I got sent a link to ebay that's cheap and recommended so I'll probably just do that) and then two diffusers.

Not sure what size co2 tank I should go for though, I'm assuming that bigger is better. I'm also needing to know where in Nassau county I could refill said tank (I'm assuming it'd be the same place I buy it from).

This system is connecting to my 10 gallon and my 75 gallon, and the longer I can go without having to refill the better. Thanks guys

#2 ·
I'm no expert but a 20# tank would meet your needs of waiting longer between refills but a 10# tank might be a better alternative.

as for refills look for welding supply places as well as anyplace that refills paintball tanks. I'm looking into a good set up for my tank but have a few months before I have the extra cash to drop on one.

I'm sure if my info is wrong someone will correct me.

pets warehouse has CO2 tubing as well as the petco in carl place

#3 ·
I'm making a stop at pet warehouse 2morrow, so I'll check their tubing out.
But know where I could get a 20lb tank on the island? I kinda don't know where these places are lol.

#6 ·
^hey, Joraan, from that link you posted, do you think that the reconditioned 20lb steel tank would work fine for our purposes? Cause that seems to be the best bang for the buck (the new aluminum is $100).

#8 ·
cool, so I'll most likely order that reconditioned steel 20lb tank. That should give me......how long would that give me between refills? Again, this is going for a 10 gallon hi-tech and a 75 gallon hi-tech.

#11 ·
My folks want to see if we can find a tank in person, so anyone have any suggestions as to where I can go? Besides, I'd love to know how big a 20lb tank is, so I can figure out where exactly I'm putting this rig :p

#12 ·
The link joraan gave you provided the dimension of each tank just click on the 20lb link, but 20 lbs is heavy unless you drive to get it refill or swap, get a 10lb otherwise. You do save some money on refill on a bigger tank. If you want to see it, go to the location where you plan to refill or swap. It is just more expensive.

#13 ·
derp, didn't notice that lol. I'm sure that wherever I go to refill it I'd have to drive, so weight isn't that seemingly terrible of a thing, especially if I can go longer inbetween refills.

Question as well..........do you ever need to get a new co2 tank or are they prety much good for years and years?

#17 ·
I hate to bump this, but after realizing how much shipping is on a 20lb tank, I'd love to see if I can get one somewhere on long island. I'd rather put the $20+ in shipping towards plants or fish. I'm sure there's somewhere that I can go to right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.