The Planted Tank Forum banner

Northwest Indiana

5K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  daygoboiz 
#1 ·
I'm from Highland, just wondering if anyone else in this area is as excited about this hobby as I am. I go to the Ark in Merrillville quite a bit and so far I think that that is the place to go around here.

#2 ·
Yeah, the ark is probably the best fish store in the area, but beware because I recently purchased some endlers guppies which brought home anchorworms to my tank, which killed all my fish.

Still, great store for plants and inverts, and before this last case I never had an issue with my fish being sick from there.

#4 ·
+1 on the Coral Reef. And if they dont have it, they will get it for you. Good prices too. Much lower then the Ark.

#5 ·
The Ark and Coral Reef are practically the only decent fish stores around here IMO. Pet Haven's fish look sick a lot, and don't even get me started on Fish-R-Us.
As for good prices, I think all of the stores are pretty horribly priced, compared to what you can find online. But hey...what can ya do...

#6 ·
Fish r us? Lol I don't even consider that as a place to shop. The coral reef does have better prices and customer service then the ark. I'm only 5 minutes from the ark, but will drive 30 to get to the coral reef. Obviously online is cheaper. Less staff, lower operating cost, and an unlimited number of customers from all over.

#9 ·
Hello all,

I am from DeMotte. I am just started a planted tank in my junior high science classroom. I am sick of having to keep buying water plants every time we talk about things such as photosynthesis. I just need to get the plants now. This is new for me so I am excited about seeing how it goes.

#10 ·
If you are looking for rare fish with amazing prices then you will have to check fish r us. The owner is very nice and knows what he is talking about I have been dealing with him for quite some time and he was able to find me rare fish I always wanted. His prices are like 50% the other stores especially on dry stock . He got a brand new 125 for less than 200$... They are a pretty selection of different fish especially African cichlids they have some awesome rare Victorian cichlids ... I recommend that place to anyone that likes great fish at great places.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.