The Planted Tank Forum banner

Has anyone made a rope bridge?

30K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  shift 
#1 ·
I was think it would be cool to have a rope bridge spanning peaks/mountains in a take (planning a future scape). Has anyone done something like this? if so can you post a pic!

#4 ·
Cant speak about the rope bridge but the rock arch bridge I could probably guess at pretty well from my saltwater days. That is probably real stone that has been epoxied together and even drilled and connected together with metal rods. Im sure it could be carved but id go for connecting rocks together if it were me, then filling any visible gaps with plants.

#5 ·
So apoxy rocks together over foam "DIY" fake rocks.

Is there any rules around which rocks are aquarium safe or not? I read some where about the vinegar fizz test but that was the extent of it.

I want to do something extra cool once i get a bigger tank.. just need to figure out what exactly!

#9 ·
Aside from the acid test, not really. limestone is known to effect water hardness pretty significantly, so maybe watch out for limestone, otherwise most rock is likely to be pretty inert. When I went to the landscaping supply I brought a little 2oz spray bottle of vinegar and sprayed what I was looking at lol. Didnt even get funny looks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.