The Planted Tank Forum banner

All-in-one ferts

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  AVN 
#1 ·
Does anyone besides RootMedic make all in one liquid ferts for small tanks? I've been using the RootMedic stuff for a while and I love it but I need to order more and it seems like RootMedic is having serious business issues at the moment. They can't be the only people out there making this stuff can they?

#2 ·
Liquid Ferts

Hello Friends...

Depending on your tank lighting, there are a couple of good liquids. If you have low to moderate light, I'd recommend TetraFlora. If you have stronger light, then Yamato Green has a good product. I've used both with good results. Both are concentrated and I'd start with half of the recommended dose and go from there.

B

#4 ·
FriendsNotFood: There are several forum sponsors, including Pfertz, that sell liquid fertilizers. Check them out.

But I have to second buying dry ferts and mixing them yourself. You'll save a mountain of cash and will have a supply that will last a really long time.

Avoid anything like Tetra Flora, as you're just paying for water and a tiny bit of fertilizer.

#6 ·
These are the fertilizers I use personally.

No clue what's in it specifically, but it's been formulated for a wide variety of aquarium plants by someone who has been in the hobby for decades. Save yourself the hassle of buying dry fertilizers, measuring, and mixing. I've been using this for months and all my plants have been growing steadily, it is much more cost efficient than liquid fertilizers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.