The Planted Tank Forum banner

Toxic Ten ~ The End

74K views 226 replies 73 participants last post by  1987 
#1 · (Edited)
Content removed by DogFish

#185 ·
Dogfish: what are your thoughts on capping a dirt tank? I'm being a rebel and not doing it. Would like your opinion considering your poopadirt whatever else fell into the bottom tank substrate lol. So far the top layer is mushy. Tank has had water for about a week now

#187 ·
I will post a picture of the stuff I'm using. I got it from a hydroponic store(love the place) suppose to be the "best organic soil" they carried. I tried making a stone path yesterday and the rock sank through the mushy layer. My curiosity consist of is that mushy layer going to stay mushy(which made trying to plant impossible) or will it compact with time. I plan on using Cali blackworms to stir up the substrate and keep the gasses to a minimum and what ever pest I acquire through plants

#191 ·
Very true... Here I was going to just flush it away

I am using vital earth organic potting soil

Contains Vital Earth's® Organic Compost OMRI
Mega Worm® earthworm castings promotes enhanced germination, root growth, plant-growth, crop yield & water-holding capacity in soils.
Contains mycorrhizal fungi and Vital Earth's® Powdered Glacial Rock.
Contains guano, peat moss, and pumice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.