The Planted Tank Forum banner

Pinocchio Shrimp Montreal! AHH THE TEMPTATION!!

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Bigga514 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
So today I was browsing the LFS (you know, just to look :icon_roll) and saw that they had a new shrimp offered: pinocchio shrimp! They were mislabeled Red Skunk but I recognized them right away. They looked really awesome and in good shape. There were only $4!

Should I take the plunge and buy one? I feel like I want to jump on it just because it's there...when this LFS received green shrimp I went and bought half a dozen (the bored-looking teen gave me 8 + 1 amano by accident :proud:), and they're all very happy in my fluval living with my cherries.

I have a very strong temptation to get one...I feel like I want to jam as many shrimp types in my tank as possible. Gaaahh total impulse buy! Are these guys hard to find or relatively common? If I don't buy them, will I be able to find them later and not regret taking the opportunity??

Thanks!

#12 ·
Oh my gosh! I hadn't checked the forum in a while and just noticed all the replies. Sorry about that! The LFS is called Aquatica (http://www.aquariummontreal.com/). It used to be a Big Al's but they changed ownership I think. It's just off the 40, right at the exit for Sources in the Mega Plex strip. Hopefully they still have them!

Thanks for the advice guys, I think I may just get *one* :icon_roll I'll let you guys know how that goes!

#13 ·
I'm personally a big fan of Aquarius :) They're always super helpful and are patient with my zillions of questions XD! I also never felt that they were out to make me spend as much money as possible. They're very honest with what you need and what you don't need.
Are there any other good LFS accessible by metro?

#14 ·
nature pet dot com in lasalle...
Animalerie Snowdon on decarie/queen mary...
Aqua tropical ...6900, boul Décarie

Nature pet and aqua tropical are my fave 2... id say if you know what you want and doing go Aqua Tropical they have the better prices imo (lots of plants @ 2$)...
Nature pet is great for shrimps and informative staff. I got most my fish there and they are all healthy a year later, some even had babies...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.