The Planted Tank Forum banner

Could I add some Peacock Gudgeons or Scarlet Badis?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Wayne Dwops 
#1 ·
My tank is a 20g long. I have an AQ70 HOB (thinking of adding a Fluval 306 though or replacing the AQ70 with it all together), It's heavily planted, and I do the Flourish dosing schedule with half doses of Excel and nitrogen, and I do DIY c02. Here is my stock list

13 CPD
12 Neon Blue Rasbora
12 Corydoras Hasbrosus
an estimate of..over 30 cherry shrimp.

Aqadvisor says I'm at 83% capacity. If I were to add a few Peacock Gudgeons or Scarlet Badis would I be over doing it?

#2 ·
The difficult part with both the gudgeon and badis is how SLOW they eat and neither of them could compete with your school of rasboras. They are already in the upper part of the tank and almost swarm as a group when you put food in the tank.

I posted a question on keeping peacock gudgeons just a couple of weeks ago and someone linked the article on them from the "Fish Profiles" section on this forum. It's just what I feared and can't get them because I have some cardinals.

#3 ·
thanks! I actually have that problem with my cherry shrimp because my CPD get aggressive at feeding time and will push the cories and shrimp out of the way to get to food even if the foods already on the floor... i have a weird group of CPD.

are there any other fish I can add to the tank though just to add some different colors?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.